FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread (Page 14)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: The REAL Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Discussion Thread
Dav
Member # 8217

- posted      Profile for Dav           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Lucy Lawless's contract ended? [Wink]

Edit: hm, new page.
Good episode, though it didn't answer a lot of questions ...

[ January 21, 2007, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Dav ]

Posts: 120 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I much prefer having her character be the one that goes away over the implications made in the Tribune interview of a week or two ago. And I'm glad to see that the whole discussion about the paintings in Kara's old apartment seem to be on target so far. I'm kind of surprised that the Six model (Caprica, perhaps? I've lost track) went along with Athena's demands so readily, though.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
The Six that is now on Galactica is Caprica, which puts the two people most responsible for the destruction of the fleet in the brig of Galactica. I loved that Chief both knocked out Gaius after the "Welcome home, Mr. President" line and that he brought Gaius back in a body bag. I laughed and cheered. I totally called the supernova-as-the-Eye thing, too. [Smile]

Thoughts on D'Anna and the final five? To whom did she say "I'm sorry"? I've seen suggestions of Anders, which is interesting, and Gaius. Thoughts?

And who's excited for next week when we finally get this whole Lee/Kara/Dee/Anders mess hopefully put to rest? [Wave]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Kara is one of the Final Five. [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
I think Kara is one of the Final Five. [Smile]

I had the same feeling. The cylons seem to be the ones with the mystical visions and callings. Baltar and Kara seem likely candidates to be secret skinjobs.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
So...who was D'Anna apologizing to?

-Starbuck. She's been though a lot at the hands of the Cylons, from the Caprica "farm" to her imprisonment during the occupation. And of course, there are other reasons to believe she might be a Cylon, such as the apartment paintings. And she did do pretty well in hand-to-hand combat with a Six back on Caprica.

-Tigh. He lost his eye and his wife. Is his hatred of the Cylons due to more than just what they've done to humanity? Is there some sort of subconscious self-loathing just like the feelings that drove Boomer to attempt suicide?

-Bulldog. Perhaps he's not enough of a major character to be one of the final five. It certainly wouldn't have the emotional impact of a main character being unmasked. However, although we haven't seen much of him, the D'Anna model has certainly spent plenty of time with him, and I suspect he was abused and tortured while he was with the Cylons.

-Baltar. While he may be a Cylon, I can't actually see her apologizing to him like that. Plus, she knows that he thinks he's a Cylon, so she's certainly thought about the possibility. It must be someone that she's shocked to discover is a Cylon. However, she did torture him, so maybe that's what she's apologizing for.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
The highlight for me was Dee slapping Starbuck. That's good writing.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, my money is on Kara being one of the final five. That would fit in with all of the hype surrounding the upcoming Episode Malestrom.

Or perhaps a child of the five? That is possible to.

Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I marvelled at how well they packed so much into one episode -- everyone who is important to the story lines currently going are now back on Galactica. We don't have to go back to the stupid Basestar and watch the hybrid mumble stuff. This is going to be much more interesting. I am trying to figure out why Caprica Six went with Sharon back to Galactica, when all she had to do was lead her to the raptor. That part didn't make a lot of sense to me.

And yeah, my money is on Kara being one of the final five...though how that makes any sense at all given the length of her history with the Adama family is certainly a question I look forward to them answering.

Overall, one of the best episodes yet.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that when the girl had the vision of the final 5, she recognized and apologized to one.

Who did she wrong that demanded an apology like that? And are there copies of the final 5? are they spirits? Did she just see their image and not actually them?

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's prolly starbuck but I'm really hoping it's not. I really like Starbuck. She's possibly the most flawed and human character on the show. Turning her into a cylon would be too much of a statement.

It also sorta doesn't make sense to me that they don't know who the other 5 cylon models are. I'm sure they'll explain it, but I think it would be difficult to do in a satisfying way. I think it would have been better to simply not have the uncast cylons not appear on screen because they just happened to never be around.

Here's hoping they surprise me.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TrapperKeeper:
I noticed that when the girl had the vision of the final 5, she recognized and apologized to one.

Who did she wrong that demanded an apology like that? And are there copies of the final 5? are they spirits? Did she just see their image and not actually them?

Grown up Hera? Roslin? It can't be Kara, because I read on Ausiello that she's definitely not a Cylon. They might be messing with him and planting false information, but I doubt it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
It also sorta doesn't make sense to me that they don't know who the other 5 cylon models are. I'm sure they'll explain it, but I think it would be difficult to do in a satisfying way. I think it would have been better to simply not have the uncast cylons not appear on screen because they just happened to never be around.

Maybe they boxed the final five the way they boxed D'Anna. Or maybe they had themselves boxed.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly, but if they were boxed it wouldnt make sense for the other cylons to not know their faces AND hold them in high regards.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I really disagree with the idea that Starbuck's a Cylon. There's just something fundamentally human about her - just like Gaius. I have no justification for this, only my gut feeling.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
AWESOME episode. Wow. Roslyn was freaking scary! I'm convinced once more that Baltar is a sociopath.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I remain firmly convinced that Dee is a manipulative little shrew. And I miss Billy.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Dee threw it all away when she dumped Billy. I don't have a lot of sympathy for her postion though I know it seriously sucks.

Lee shouldn't leave Dee for Kara, though. Kara is way too flighty. She *will* cheat on him. She *will* abuse him emotionally. She's far too self centered to be in a relationship (no matter how butchy-hot she is.)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

First thought after the last episode: Adama and Roslin are getting it on! (about time)

Second thought: Dee is one of the final 5. It fits with Cylon MO. Don't be too important yourself, but get close to someone who is important. Manipulate them, so that they are emotionally in debt to you. Keep them off balance and keep yourself in a position to gain valuable information and change the course of events.

I wonder if Starbuck's hubby is a Cylon too. It would explain how he survived so long as part of a doomed resistance movement (something he mentioned himself to her) and it would tie in nicely with the perfect timing of his and Dee's ultimatums.

Even if they're not Cylons, I think they're bad news.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

quote:
AWESOME episode. Wow. Roslyn was freaking scary! I'm convinced once more that Baltar is a sociopath.

Here! Here!
Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
First thought after the last episode: Adama and Roslin are getting it on! (about time)
I love the familiarity with which they treat each other. When Roslin was laying there holding Adama's hand, it just spoke of such utter trust. Only thing with them, is if they get together they'd be a stable happy couple. The fleet might have a reaction, but there wouldn't be any personal drama. As such, I think the writers get more of a reaction out of us with these teases than they would if the two got together.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

I also loved how Roslyn was talking to Gayta, fooling us that she would talk him down, and then WHAM! Adama comes out of the blue and nails him. Talk about not taking chances. [Smile]

And did you guys watch the extra scene at the Battlestar website? Caprica Six told the President that she would tell all if Baltar had a trial.

[ January 31, 2007, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

Wanted to catch the extra scene, but couldnt find it on their website. Anything else important happen?
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I also loved how Roslyn was talking to Gayta, fooling us that she would talk him down, and then WHAM! Adama comes out of the blue and nails him. Talk about not taking chances. [Smile]

They showed him shifting his stance in the background as Roslin was talking. All that boxing pays off, I guess. [Wink]

quote:
And did you guys watch the extra scene at the Battlestar website? Caprica Six told the President that she would tell all if Baltar had a trial.

I couldn't watch it (didn't work with Safari or Firefox on my Mac), so thanks for the synopsis. [Smile]

Some people are speculating that the Final Five are currently humans, but if they die they'll be reborn in the Cylon tanks and become skinjobs, causing mass confusion among the Cylons. Probable candidates humans considered by the Cylons to have a special destiny (e.g. Baltar, Kara).

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:

I think she was honestly trying to talk Gaeta down. She didn't realize Adama was going to slam him.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

True, but she wasn't phazed at all when it happened. [Smile]
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

Hey for those of you that listen to the podcasts, the podcast for Ep 14 has already been posted on iTunes. I downloaded it today. Not sure if I am going to listen to it or not.
Michiel
Member # 7649

- posted      Profile for Michiel   Email Michiel         Edit/Delete Post 
tonight's episode was one of the weakest I've seen. BSG really is losing its edge.
Posts: 64 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I was really excited when it looked like Dee was going to die. I do agree that this was a bit weaker - normally I can't predict the plot twists (yes, I'm admitting I didn't see Boomer shooting the old man coming), but tonight was way too easy to figure out. I'm not asking for Agatha Christie, but some sort of new element would be awesome.

That said, YAY FOR (mostly-)NAKED HELO!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] And hooray for Tom Zarek. And for Roslin and Tory seeing Caprica make out with thin air. We giggled insanely at that point. "What is she doing?"

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the look Starbuck shot Apollo during that strange ball tossing game at the bar.

Carrie, I also must admit excitement over Dee possibly being dead. And that she's a manipulative little shrew.

As for the main plotline, when Cottle said he'd already performed the autopsy on that kid, I said immediately that he hadn't and that as soon as Helo left, he'd go do it then (which it looks like he did). The plot itself wasn't bad, but at the same time, I disliked the predictability. The sub-plot wth Caprica and Baltar and the trial seemed chucked in as an afterthought and entirely forgotten in the second half of the episode.

I did love the re-appearance of head-Baltar though.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Carrie: I always get incredibly embarassed for Baltar (and in this case, Six) when they make out (or boink) with their head-opposites. That's a part of the show I could do without. But yeah, I know some people like them.

This episode was damn predictable and weak. But that's ok. Every show is allowed some bad episodes.

David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's hoping the writers redeem themselves next week... first time in a long time Lost has kicked BSG's butt during a given week.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

Did anyone else watch the "Special Scene" after the show. What the heck was that? It didn't seem to fit into anything that was going on. I was totally confused.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, pet peeve.... "I owe you an apology". Grrrr, why doesn't he just SAY it instead of alluding to it? And it's not just Adama, or just BSG.

Other than that, my other comments have been covered already.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

That's referring to Helo's actions of a few episodes ago, where he killed the sick Cylons before they could get close enough to download, thus preventing the humans from committing genocide. It was supposed to show that Helo is, as always, absolutely right and the guiding moral compass of the Galactica.

Or something.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Did anyone else watch the "Special Scene" after the show. What the heck was that? It didn't seem to fit into anything that was going on. I was totally confused.

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a deleted scene from last night (in which it makes no sense at all) or if it was a teaser for next week.

(edit) I didn't remember it being Helo that did that. But I know I was pretty distracted through that episode.

Me, Myself, and I
Member # 10003

- posted      Profile for Me, Myself, and I   Email Me, Myself, and I         Edit/Delete Post 
This show should only have about 5 episodes left this season. It seems like they have a lot of ground to cover to have this season go somewhere before the finale. The next episode seems like it just might be another filler episode about some accident. Where are we headed for the end of this season?
Posts: 32 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

Ah, I missed the episode with the sick Cylons. It makes much more sense now. I'll have to hit up iTunes and see if I can download it.
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And for Roslin and Tory seeing Caprica make out with thin air. We giggled insanely at that point. "What is she doing?"
That was hilarious!!! [Big Grin] Totally made up for any failings of the rest of the episode.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Me, Myself, and I
Member # 10003

- posted      Profile for Me, Myself, and I   Email Me, Myself, and I         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I hear Tigh correctly when, after Helo punched him, he said, "Oh, and you might want to get your fist checked out."

That was hilarious, assuming I heard correctly. If I didn't, well it was still funny.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

You heard it correctly. [Wink]
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been renewed . [Party]

13 episodes, and presumably the DVD movie.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

I expected that, but YAY!!!!!!!!!
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

- posted      Profile for Counter Bean           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! Going to see Earth for sure!
Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
And for Roslin and Tory seeing Caprica make out with thin air. We giggled insanely at that point. "What is she doing?"

Had we ever seen Caprica having a Head-Baltar before? Is whatever's appearing to Baltar as Six and whatever's appearing to Caprica as Baltar the same thing, just taking different forms?
Lisa
Member # 8384

Galactica 2010?
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers

Yes, head-Baltar appeared before, but no indications yet as to the meaning behind the manifestations. Baltar theorized that his visions meant that he was a Cylon... but after his suicide attempt, he seems to have lost faith in that theory.

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Try Galactica 6010 (I really hope)...
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't think Galactica is losing its edge (as Michael claimed.)

Every show of sufficient length has bad episodes from time to time. And really, compared to most television this episode isn't that bad. (Which is why Firefly is perfect. It didn't last long enough to HAVE any bad episodes!)

It's just a tv episode, as RDM alluded to in his podcast.

But... Galactica isn't "just a tv show", it's a helluva lot better than that. So something that seems "normal" for television equals the worst episode in the series. (and this IS the worst episode I've seen, and I've seen every episode released so far.)

Okay, even RDM, the guy in charge, basically gave the whole "I'm not gonna say it out loud, I'm not gonna actually SAY it, but this episode blows" during the podcast. Now, that was the feeling I got from him, at least.

Okay, I was giggling and yelling and cheering when Head Baltar returned. That was great, and I'd been waiting for it since I saw the first episode with Head Baltar in it.

And apparently, evne though Head Baltar is shaved, regular Baltar will still have his beard. Which I think is awesome.

Anyway, I really didn't like this episode. (only the second time this ever happened in BSG. Ever.) There've been a few marginaly good episodes, but this is the worst, hands down.

Regardless, it's still my favorite show and I have faith that a single slip-up is not going to signal a declining quality. It didn't last time, it won't this time.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

Still, not much story moving forward very quickly and therefore, not a ton to talk about.
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.