FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 7)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. It's turned back on but no one's checking to make sure that the sewer and water lines are kept seperate.

I wish that Tom Davidson was as silly as Carrot-top.

[ September 30, 2004, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately.. Tom Davidson is now as LAME as carot top, too.

I wish i was 16 again.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
You are now 16 weeks old.

I wish that everyone in the world spoke the same language.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but its German, which means we all spread horrible diseases while spitting angrilly at each other.

I wish I were a rich man.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

Granted. You're 80.

I wish i was hotter than hell.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

*bump* heh...
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Your wish is granted, because the true temperature of hell as proved by that urban legend thermodynamics essay e-mail is absolute zero. You are just above at 1 Kelvin, my friend. It's warmer on Pluto.

I wish our house was already remodeled.

[ September 30, 2004, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, AJ - you get a remodel by these guys - complete with Kama Sutra barbie doll accents.

I wish I had more food in my house.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You have two closets full of dwarves' bread, made with the finest gravel.

I wish I had a new laptop.

[ September 30, 2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Your house is filled with the common protein substitute... insects. Your shelves are filled with grasshoppers, locusts, and crickets. Your fridge is filled with beetle larvae, and your table is covered in termites.

Kat: Granted. Your laptop, unfortunately, comes with the newest kind of battery which turns out to leak battery acid all over you.

I wish I were a skilled acrobat.

[ September 30, 2004, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: dabbler ]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Dabbler: you're the most amazing acrobat the professional world has ever seen. unfortunately, your partner is not and drops you during a very simple move. The safety equipment guys aren't quite world-class either, and you plummet to the floor hundreds of feet below, breaking your neck.

I wish I had a free pedicure.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You get a free pedicure. The foot massage they give you, however, is $500,000. You will be paying it off for a long time. You might as well forget about that mission of yours.

I wish that my children never had to deal with other children being cruel to them.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Too bad it was at a place that doesn't sterilize their equipment, so you get a horrible infection that requires you to have all your toes amputated.

[curse you mph *shakes fist*]

Granted. Your children, however, do not thrill to the idea of being chained in their rooms for the duration of their lives.

I wish I had a corvette.

[ September 30, 2004, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You have a corvette, and no keys. And no registration letters, so the key people won't believe it's yours.

I wish I had as many kinder eggs as I wanted.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::poof:: you now own a corvette. However, due to the landlocked nature of the Phoenix area, there is nothing you can really do with your little warship, and no submarines for it to engage in combat. Also, the police want to know if you've got a liscense for that thing.

[Edit--curse you Sun! You beat me to the punch. Well, let's see...

You now have as many kinder eggs as you'd like. Unfortunately, you choke on the little plastic interior egg while eating your first one.]

I wish that I were fluent in Nahuatl.

[ September 30, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*granted* Now you just need to re-learn English.

I wish that I had started playing guitar 10 years ago instead of 1 year ago.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You have now spent 10 years of your life playing the guitar and are no better at it than if you'd just started playing 10 minutes ago.

I wish my new house was free.

[ September 30, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

*ouch*
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
mph:
Granted, and as a major talent your dripping lake picture now graces the big windows at Media Play.

Ludosti: Granted, but it is made of straw

The water is back on, by the way.

I wish I had a robot that washes dishes.

[ September 30, 2004, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Granted. As it turns out, though, your skill in guitar playing, moments before you made this wish, had just plateaued. You're no better at the guitar now than you were nine years ago.

I wish that I had a bowl of grapenuts. I've been craving them ever since pooka mentioned them in the fibre thread.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Ludosti, your house is now free. If it loves you, it will return.

I wish I didn't have to work with sub-contractors.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

quote:
I wish I had a robot that washes dishes
Granted.. unfortunately it doesn't dry them.. it just breaks them.. oh yeah.. you got the model that also kills people.

I wish i didn't have any kind or weird taste in my mouth.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Pooka: granted! You had a dishwashing robot. Too bad you don't have it anymore!

Zgator: Congratulations! You've suffered a major stroke, and no longer have to (or are capable of) working with sub-contractors!

I wish that humanity would colonize space.

Annie
Member # 295

Noemon - here's your very own bowl of Grape Nuts.... with maggots! They're high in protein.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I wish I didn't have to work with sub-contractors.
*poof* You don't have to do anything now but stand in lines at the unemployment office.
Noemon
Member # 1115

I wish people would stop failing to post wishes after they grant the previous poster's wish.
Turgan
Member # 6697

Granted. Unfortunately, some of them also forgot to grant the previous postes wish. *see my last wish.. oh WAIT.. you couldn't.. you just skipped riiiight over it*

I wish i didn't have any kind of weird taste in my mouth.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
/sidebar

Annie, you forget, I like both nudes and the Kama Sutra. [Wink] Plus if it meant I got to meet the sexy Maori carpenter on that show, I'd put up with it looking like it came out of Moulin Rouge.

AJ
/end sidebar

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

::paff:: Turgan is transformed into a sea sponge. Given that they don't have mouthes per se, he no longer has a mouth in which to have a bad taste.

I wish that I hadn't tried to manually remove that spyware from my home computer the other day (ever since I did so, I haven't been able to get online at home).

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Magically, the spyware is back on your system and you can connect to the internet no problem. Unfortunately, all you can do is go to spyware sites that keep loading, and loading, and loading.

I wish I had 20/20 vision.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now all you see are the numbers 20/20.

I wish I could dance well.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
You dance very well. In fact, you dance with such passion and beauty you've been cast in a sappy Disney channel movie.

I wish my Brett Favre jersey fit me.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wham! It fits! ... Your left arm.

I wish I had a flying car!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

OK, Bob. Here is your very own flying car. Only, you live in rural Mongolia. Good luck finding gas!

I wish I could bake the perfect cookie

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

You bake the perfect cookie and the Keebler elves come and burn your house down around your ears.

I wish I could think at pedaflop speeds.

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Your brain circuitry burns out within seconds.

I wish there were a presidential candidate worth voting for.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He is...and his name is Ralph Nader, who will never win anything again.

I wish I could meeet more Hatrackers IRL.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Kwea: Legions of hungry hatrackers descend on your next wedding anniversary and put their stinky feet on the sofa and dining table.

I wish I could change out this yoda green shag rug.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, every troll known to hatrack has found his way to your front door.

Edit: Granted, you know have concrete floors throughout your house.

I wish for a plane ticket to Manchester New Hampshire on October 28, 2004, without any harm befalling me or the plane or Jamie. Also, without having to meet anyone that will change/negatively effect my life. Also, the plane is to arrive on the same day it flies out.

[ October 01, 2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
///great, just what I wanted....troll soup.//
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish for a plane ticket to Manchester New Hampshire on October 28, 2004, without any harm befalling me or the plane or Jamie. Also, without having to meet anyone that will change/negatively effect my life. Also, the plane is to arrive on the same day it flies out.
Okay. But the in-flight movie is Catwoman, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Better sharpen your nails so you can gouge your eyes out more efficiently.

I wish the AC in Austin wasn't so expensive.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish the AC in Austin wasn't so expensive.
Granted! The price of gas in Austin raises to $247.99 per gallon.

I wish I could clone myself. Alot.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! You and your clones become so confused that you all KILL EACH OTHER! no more Alucard...

I wish i had a handful of mud.

pooka
Member # 5003

Granted! It's Jimmy Hoffa's hand.

I wish it was tomorrow already.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
And it is! But last night, evil aliens attacked, a la Independence Day, and the world is now BURNING!

I wish I had a really nice car.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You get a really nice car, and take it out for a drive. You crash at 250 MPH, and are turned to soup.

I wish my hair was longer.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Your hair goes down to your waist. Well, your nose and ear hair do. [Evil Laugh]

I wish that all disease were erradicated from the face of the earth.

[ October 01, 2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
It is! But now you're sharing your house with five families and sleeping in communal housing because people live to be 150 or so. You have no privacy at all, and your income goes into a communal fund which pays for your household's needs. Oh, and no one cleans the bathroom. Ever.

I wish I felt it was ok to skip class and just go home.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

You feel that it's fine to skip class and just go home. And so you do. Unfortunately you were wrong in feeling that way--your teacher gave a pop test today that is weighted so heavily that your having missed it will inevitably result in your flunking the class.

I wish the the spot on the back of my heel didn't feel oddly numb and painful.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. The numbness and pain is now quite normal for you.

I wish I had a lifetime supply of hot chocolate.

[ October 01, 2004, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.