FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes (Page 6)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Heroes
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
On the NBC website, it says that Sunday 8/7c there will be three back to back episodes of Heroes. I assume that this will be reruns of the first three episodes but its not clear. Does anyone know whether or not these will be new episodes? If they are reruns, will it include the pilot or just the most recent 3 episodes?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt it'd be new episodes. Zap2it.com says it's episodes 2-4. So it's everything but the pilot.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pfresh, it is definitely a samuri sword.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Samurai. More accurately called a katana. [Razz]
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, people, if you haven't been reading the Heroes comics (link), you're missing out. They're definitely canon, and the most recent one shows what happens after Claire has her little fender-bender.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, I really wish you hadn't linked me there, Lisa... [Wink]

edit: okay - wait a minute. I'm confused. There are some things in the web comic that I don't remember seeing in the previous episodes either (the politician saving the girl from fire, for instance)

[ October 18, 2006, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
oh, I really wish you hadn't linked me there, Lisa... [Wink]

edit: okay - wait a minute. I'm confused. There are some things in the web comic that I don't remember seeing in the previous episodes either (the politician saving the girl from fire, for instance)

That's because it didn't happen in any of the episodes. But it's part of who Nathan is. It's more information about his character. When exactly did it happen? I suspect it was after he saved Peter from falling, but before he maligned Peter at the press conference.

They're basically backstory, or side story. Stuff that happened that didn't make it into the episodes.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it, I really have to stop watching these shows that leave us hanging every week. I jumped on the bandwagon and watched the first four episodes, and I think it's a great show.

Did anyone see the preview for next week? Nathan totally pulled a Neo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzKpp_xy-QE

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. Those comics are good...I'm reading as we speak. Nice art, especially. Looks like Michael Turner art...

(Well, now that makes sense. I look at the credits for that, and it IS Michael Turner art. Sweet!)

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome awesome show will watch fanatically.

Hiro is quite possibly the most awesome and badass decision they ever made.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
The comics have a few easter eggs... the latest has a link to Claire's myspace page.

FYI - from the wikipedia page, DL is played by Leonard Roberts and Mr. Bennet's (Claire's Dad) assistant is played by Jimmy Jean-Louis. They are not the same person.

And Sylar is pinned as a white male.

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I just learned that earlier tonight. There's two tall mysterious black men characters.

Makes a lot more sense now.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
This show is bloody amazing; best new show in years.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I still say the pilot sucked.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, but the show has improved, particularly this last episode.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
My hubby thinks it's moving too slowly. He says the same about LOST.

I dunno. I'm enjoying both.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did anyone see the preview for next week? Nathan totally pulled a Neo!
Are you sure that was Nathan? I couldn't tell from the preview because that shot was so fast....
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it has to be Nathan, since Peter can only fly when he's near Nathan.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I have two questions.

First) How long does Peter keep the powers he absorbs? (or, how long was he asleep in the hospital after visiting Issac before drawing the picture)

Second) How far away do they have to be for him to absorb the powers?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Oh, and next weeks TV guide has an article on Hero's, with a picture of DL, whom we will meet on the 23rd. The article doesn't say his power per se, but they say "his power makes it hard for police to touch him, or to lock him away."

So... he's a kitty pride convict?

pfresh85
Member # 8085

I think his contact with Isaac, attempting to fly, winding up in the hospital, and sketching the picture all happened within the span of a few hours (at the most, within the same day). This is just me assuming though.

As for how close they have to be, apparently at least pretty close, as he didn't gain Isaac's power when they were on opposite sides of a wall (when Isaac was painting and Peter was there trying to talk to him). I think they either need to be in contact with each other or pretty close to each other.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I just realized. We have evidence that Peter can absorb multiple superpowers. He was in Isaacs room prior to stealing Nathan's abilities, then when he woke up he still had Isaacs abilities.

With that in mind, he has an incredibly strong power. Factoring in that he holds on to a power for say, 3 hours, and can hold on to multiple powers, I would bet right now that Peter ends up being the one to stop the nuke with a combnation of Hiro's, Claire's and Nathan's powers.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

Someone on another board theorized that maybe Sylar was a future Peter who killed people and consumed their brains which gave him their powers permanently. It would explain how Sylar seemingly has a handful of powers and also why the brains were missing in those bodies. Not sure that I buy into it, but it's an interesting theory.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah, it's an interesting theory, but the problem is that Future Hiro greeted Peter as a friend. I'm not going to buy into it just yet, but it's possible.
Dasa
Member # 8968

- posted      Profile for Dasa   Email Dasa         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt that Papa Petrelli might not be dead and is Sylar.
Posts: 107 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Are you so sure he visited Peter as a friend?

What if in the future Peter is an enemy, but Hiro went back KNOWING this, trying to influence his decision of what side to choose in the coming conflict, and he knew he had a scar from battles he'd fought with him.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you so sure he visited Peter as a friend?
Good point. We don't know that yet. Hopefully tonights episode will give us a clue. I've been waiting all week for tonight. I'm so hooked right now tha I've watched the ending to last weeks episode like ten times. It was so freaking awesome. and I'm so freakin nerdy.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

The hole on that plot, is Sylars taped conversation with Chandra, claiming that Chandra made him that way. I interpreted this as "you met me and told me about this".

However, it really isn't clear, is it? I mean, Peter has now read Chandra's book which has lead him on this path, hasn't he? He has a map with more hero contacts than Chandra had, one that specifically names Peter's brother. Sylar's apartment has no photographs, and the scribblings on the wall say "Forgive me" "Father" "I have sinned."

Is it plausible? Yes. I still doubt it, though. It just doesn't feel right.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

In any case heres a photoshopped image of Sylar for clarity of facial features:
http://www.heroestheseries.com/who-is-the-supervillain-sylar/

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
If the future Peter had contact with Claire, he could have regenerated and would not have a scar. The fact that future Peter has a scar hints that in the future Hiro comes from, Claire does not survive.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Unless the scar had already been in place before they met.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hey another episode will air tonight, I'm excited.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:

You are speculating that some time limit exists for the regenerating power. I don't think we've seen any evidence for that. The only limitation we've seen for Claire's power, is that she is unable to regenerate a wound with a foreign body in it.

Since it has already been suggested that they need to save Claire, to save the world there is an implication that Peter will need to contact Claire in the next 5 weeks (before the bomb explodes). Maybe I'm stretching this to far but I'm betting that Peter and Claire make contact in the next few episodes.

Lisa
Member # 8384

He could have a scar on his forehead, actually. He's so shaggy that it might just not be visible until he slicks it back, leers, and starts going, "Muahahahahaha!"
The Rabbit
Member # 671

That wouldn't explain Hiros' comment "I didn't recognize you without your scar". If the scar is simply under the shaggy bangs, wouldn't Hiro have said, "I didn't recognize you with your bangs covering your scar". Or "I didn't recognize you with all that hair".
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:

You are speculating that some time limit exists for the regenerating power. I don't think we've seen any evidence for that. The only limitation we've seen for Claire's power, is that she is unable to regenerate a wound with a foreign body in it.
Is that what we learned? I thought maybe she has a weakness to wood, like the Golden Age Green Lantern.

quote:
Since it has already been suggested that they need to save Claire, to save the world there is an implication that Peter will need to contact Claire in the next 5 weeks (before the bomb explodes). Maybe I'm stretching this to far but I'm betting that Peter and Claire make contact in the next few episodes.

I think you're probably right about that.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Is that what we learned? I thought maybe she has a weakness to wood, like the Golden Age Green Lantern.
I've seen a clip where from where Claire is trying to kill herself. She tells camera guy, "I don't have a scratch on me". Then he say, what about that, pointing to a huge gash in her side. She then pulls something out of her side and it heals up. The same thing happens with the stick in her head. Once it is removed, she heals.

I don't know what it was that was stuck in her side in the first clip. I missed the pilot and think that this may be from the pilot.

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
That wouldn't explain Hiros' comment "I didn't recognize you without your scar". If the scar is simply under the shaggy bangs, wouldn't Hiro have said, "I didn't recognize you with your bangs covering your scar". Or "I didn't recognize you with all that hair".

Hmm. True.

I'm still not sure why future-Hiro kept the train frozen like that for so long. And why everything blue-shifted when he did. And heck, how he knew that Peter was on that train, but maybe didn't know what car he was in (which could explain why it took him so long to find him).

And while Peter absorbs powers, does this mean that he's invulnerable to the powers of others as well? Like if someone has a power of shooting deadly rays, would they not affect Peter? Or is it just that part of Hiro's powers include not being affected by time and space warping, so Peter got that as well?

Am I thinking way too much about all of this?

Last night at dinner, my sister heard me say how much I love Heroes and started laughing. She said she saw a clip of the show on some other show, and that it was the one where Claire's head gets twisted all the way around. She told me she couldn't imagine a dumber show than the way this one looks. I explained to her that the clip she saw has a context, but she didn't seem interested. <shrug> Her loss.

What's really funny, though, is if you go here. It's the single harshest review of the show I've seen. And then OSC reviewed it very differently.

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:
I've seen a clip where from where Claire is trying to kill herself. She tells camera guy, "I don't have a scratch on me". Then he say, what about that, pointing to a huge gash in her side. She then pulls something out of her side and it heals up.
That clip is from the pilot. And she doesn't pull something out her side; she pushes in the protruding broken ribs. But your point is taken anyway. Her ribs poking out kept her side from healing. The tissue needs to be together to knit. That's why her skin didn't grow back together while she was on the coroner's table; she had to actually close it up herself.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

"And while Peter absorbs powers, does this mean that he's invulnerable to the powers of others as well? Like if someone has a power of shooting deadly rays, would they not affect Peter? Or is it just that part of Hiro's powers include not being affected by time and space warping, so Peter got that as well?"

I'm guessing that either:

a) Hiro can control the space time enough to include Peter in the paused time or
b) when peter absorbed his power, he was unknowingly controlling space time as well.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/fall06/

Clip from tonight involving future Hiro.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

My assumption was that Hiro came back knowing that Peter would absorb his power and thus be in some sort of timespace bubble, making it possible for the two of them to speak.

I think if someone has the power to shoot knives out of their hands and they hit Peter, he's dead. I don't think there's implied immunity. Look at Rogue in X-Men, at least once I remember her stealing Cyclops' powers and then shooting herself with them. Not a serious injury, but not good times either.

Edit to add: How does no one know what Claire's name is? Stop calling her the Cheerleader!!

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
My assumption was that Hiro came back knowing that Peter would absorb his power and thus be in some sort of timespace bubble, making it possible for the two of them to speak.

I think if someone has the power to shoot knives out of their hands and they hit Peter, he's dead. I don't think there's implied immunity. Look at Rogue in X-Men, at least once I remember her stealing Cyclops' powers and then shooting herself with them. Not a serious injury, but not good times either.

Same deal when she accidentally aquired Gambits power.

If you have noticed Peter seems to be the only one obsessed with knowing he has powers. Hiro certainly was convinced he had them, but he was content to keep focusing until his power was manifest. Peter was the only one so obsessed with it that he keeps frequenting rooftops and risking his life as a means to get his power to show itself.

Definately villain possibilities there.

Peter also doesnt seem to control the manifestation of others powers, they just seem to manifest when he is around others.

I'm withholding total judgement until tonight episode, I too agree it does not seem right that Peter is evil. Then again, why was Hiro of the future so concerned with visiting Peter then, if he was not an important figure in the future. Why not visit any of the other heroes?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

"I'm withholding total judgement until tonight episode, I too agree it does not seem right that Peter is evil. Then again, why was Hiro of the future so concerned with visiting Peter then, if he was not an important figure in the future. Why not visit any of the other heroes?"

First, the possibility that Peter is the only one who can interact with Hiro with time being stopped. Second, Peter has instant connection to two other hero's, Isaac and Nathan. Peter is the closest to Isaac, and I doubt Isaac would want to interact with Hiro the same way Peter would. Third, who else would he talk to besides himself that would be so enthused to do it? And upon talking with himself, he would cause a rift. Third, he knew exactly where and when Peter was at that moment.

Peter is focused right now on becoming what he was destined to be. He is the only one we know of who would do everything he can to track down the cheerleader other than Hiro. He and Isaac can unite the other hero's together.

Does anyone else find it odd that Isaac isn't drawing anything revolving around Sylar? The psychic guy? His face? Nothing except a shadow.

beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
I like peter as a character. I think he is interesting and his power has a lot of cool paths it could take him down. I never really thought about Peter being the bad guy, but the more I hear people make comments the more I like the idea. Although I liike his character now, I think he would be even more interesting as the bad guy. All the connections he is making now with the others would be very interesting to see play out if he was to go down the wrong road. I don't think it is likely but it is a neat Idea. That kind of turn of events would just be too clever for the average writer nowadays.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Only a few more hoooo-uuuurrsss... Only a few more hoooo-uuuurrrss... : )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I actually love the voice overs from Suresh.

Next well while if you look at it all form a certain angle its plausible that Peter is Syler but then again remember the recorded telephone conversation between Syler and Suresh Sr. It was the Suresh who helped ot awaken Sylers powers implying that Peter is not Suresh.

It makes alot of sense that if Syler absorbs powers then alot of their difficulties may come from Claire being assimilated, if he is invulnerable then they can not stop him. They may at encredible cost prevent one scheme after another but he, the source f it all cannot be stopped.

Can you possibly think of any greater nightmare?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Peter was the only one so obsessed with it that he keeps frequenting rooftops and risking his life as a means to get his power to show itself.
No, Claire also seems obsessed with her power. She did make 6 attempts to kill herself.

And Isaac is in a sense "obsessed" with his power. He does keep taking heroine so that he can keep painting the future.

And Hiro is the one pushing hardest to use his power.

The only difference I see with Peter is that his power is much harder to understand because it keeps changing. It only makes sense that he is more confused by his power and therefore trying harder to figure it out.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

She might be invulnerable, but she isn't unstoppable. If Hiro froze him and stabbed him with his sword, and left it in, he'd stay dead until it was undone. We don't know the lengths of her powers. Can she regenerate from decapitation?
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Can she regenerate from decapitation?
I missed the pilot, but I've never seen here restore any severed body part. That doesn't mean she can't do it, but we don't know if she can.
  This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  32  33  34   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.