FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes (Page 12)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Heroes
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
They're played by two different people.

Good to know.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Do people think Sylar was in the room when the waitress was killed? I didn't think there was anyone in the room with her when she died. Which would a. make it a lot harder for Hiro to save her and b. make Sylar have another cool power.

Edit: Also, have we seen the watch that the man who killed Chandra was wearing? My friend swears he remembers it.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
As for the radioactive guy, that reminds me of the old sf short story by Ralph Milne Farley, "Abductor Minimi Digit," which was originally published in Weird Tales, January, 1932. (I read it in a later compilation.) In the story, the man starts out with a mind over matter exercize, learning to flex a muscle that most people seldom used. Then things get worse step by step, where he is able to do more things just by willing them, until one day he begins to fear he might be able to make himself blow up like an atom bomb. Finally he looks in the mirrow in the dark, and sees his own nervous system glowing in the dark. I then freaked myself out when I discovered I could flex my abductor minimi digit (the muscle that can pull the little finger sideways away from the other fingers).

blacwolve, you object so nobly about the unscientific idea of a man being able to survive his own radioactivity. But you did not say anything about the cheerleader (Claire) being able to regenerate and heal the most severe wounds in a matter of minutes, or the guy who is able to fly just by willing it, etc. If you are going to suspend disbelief so that you can enjoy a science fiction story, then don't be a piker about it. Don't be so picky about what disbelief you choose to suspend. Complaining about any aspect of it without complaining about the whole of it, is inconsistent. Maybe the guy is able to heal himself of the radiation damage, like the cheerleader.

[ November 14, 2006, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Ron Lambert ]

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
The watch that the guy who killed Chandra was wearing is the same one Sylar is wearing in the cafe in last night's episode.

Sylar killed Chandra.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EKR
Member # 9545

- posted      Profile for EKR   Email EKR         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone catch on Eden's little hidden secret? She too has a power of her own....
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

What about Mohinder? Was his 'dream' indicative of a power? He wasn't there to be able to hear his father and mother arguing about Chandra leaving to the US. Maybe he has the power to see into the past, much like the people in Pastwatch?
Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
Do people think Sylar was in the room when the waitress was killed? I didn't think there was anyone in the room with her when she died. Which would a. make it a lot harder for Hiro to save her and b. make Sylar have another cool power.

I think Sylar went into the back room and killed Charlie. As soon as she was killed, they showed us the interior of the diner, and Sylar wasn't at his table.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by PUNJABEE:
The watch that the guy who killed Chandra was wearing is the same one Sylar is wearing in the cafe in last night's episode.

Sylar killed Chandra.

Which suggests that Chandra didn't have any powers. Or Sylar would have taken his brain like he did to Charlie and the others, and not bashed it against the window.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Did Mohinder's dream indicate that Mohinder has a power, or that Shatri (is that her name) managed to survive out of body and is visiting Mohinder in his dreams?
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

quote:

Which suggests that Chandra didn't have any powers. Or Sylar would have taken his brain like he did to Charlie and the others, and not bashed it against the window. [/QUOTE]

Yeah I was wondering about that.

Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
TheHumanTarget (hereafter TheH): I know there are still ways out of this problem, I just don't have much faith in Hollywood when it comes to doing time travel. I would love to be pleasantly surprised by it all making sense.
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Seatarsprayan:
TheHumanTarget (hereafter TheH): I know there are still ways out of this problem, I just don't have much faith in Hollywood when it comes to doing time travel. I would love to be pleasantly surprised by it all making sense.

If they add a flux capacitor to the plot would that make everything better? [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
Hiro isn't very accurate with is time travel yet. He went back too far, gave her the phrase book, probably said "WHen you meet me again, pretend you don't know me." failed to warn her some how and got incapacitated the day Syler was going to kill Charlie (the waitress).

He'll probably come stumbling in next week speaking english as though he's been living in Hicksville for 6 months.. which he has.

Just my guess...

Makes sense to me. Did we find out that he went back too far in the comic? I haven't read it.

Still doesn't explain what happened to let her go to work that morning. If Hiro was in Texas for 6 months, he should have gone to the diner with her that morning knowing he had to protect her. Something must have gotten in the way of that. What I wonder, is if Claire's father found a way to capture him, and he's in a holding cell somewhere being rendered unconcious. We know that in the next episode Hiro and Ando make it to the gym, what if that is done via Claire's dad capturing Hiro and demanding his help? And that's why he can't make it to the cafe to help Hiro?

I'm sure they will clear it up next week, but I find it hard to believe that he'd be with her for six months (which totally makes sense) and then still let her be killed. Something has to happen.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiro isn't very good at aiming his powers. He wanted to go to NYC and ended up 5 weeks in the future. And now when he wanted to go to yesterday he ended up like 6 months in the past.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a random connection that my wife and I found amusing:

The actor who plays DL was in the movie Drumline....DL, DrumLine....

Anyway.....

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:

blacwolve, you object so nobly about the unscientific idea of a man being able to survive his own radioactivity. But you did not say anything about the cheerleader (Claire) being able to regenerate and heal the most severe wounds in a matter of minutes, or the guy who is able to fly just by willing it, etc. If you are going to suspend disbelief so that you can enjoy a science fiction story, then don't be a piker about it. Don't be so picky about what disbelief you choose to suspend. Complaining about any aspect of it without complaining about the whole of it, is inconsistent. Maybe the guy is able to heal himself of the radiation damage, like the cheerleader.

Um, I never, ever objected to the guy being immune to his own radioactivity. If he's going to emit radiation of course he's going to be immune to his own radioactivity. Where did you ever get that idea from?

Edit (read the rest of the thread): I didn't realize that Sylar was in the diner. I missed the episode in which we were introduced to Sylar(midterms), so I still don't know what he looks like. Sorry.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the name on the kid's file looked like you could easily get Syler out of it (S. Iyer). I suspect him.

Last time Hiro time traveled, he called Ando in that future. That Ando hadn't seen him in weeks and had flyers up looking for him. Ando went on with his life while Hiro traveled. Maybe present time will change after Hiro has a chance to make his changes, but the changes haven't caught up yet from an outside perspective.

blacwolve, my buddy made the same comment about the supposed radiation levels. I had to push the "I believe" button and keep going.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think we're going to have to take the whole radiation thing with a grain of salt. The scene we see with the person making the phone call about Ted escaping is standing right in front of the burning car. No way if Ted used radioactive powers to combust the car is anyone going to be standing that close to it afterwards without protection, the whole area would be radioactive.

I think they thought it would be too cumbersome to have everyone and his brother wearing a lead suit.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
Edit (read the rest of the thread): I didn't realize that Sylar was in the diner. I missed the episode in which we were introduced to Sylar(midterms), so I still don't know what he looks like. Sorry.

We've never seen Sylar full face. But we know who he's played by, and he was listed in the secondary credits in this ep. Zachary Quinto.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm willing to accept it if it's pointed out that whatever this guy does has elements very like radiation but not exactly.

I'm not asking for iron-clad scientific accuracy, but consistency would be nice. The Fed told the cop if their dosimeters changed color they were dead. Well, the dosimeters changed color. Hello?

And me, if I knew I was holding a man who could emit radiation, I might take steps to, I dunno, contain that radiation? Maybe wear a radsuit before I talked to him?

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Last time Hiro time traveled, he called Ando in that future. That Ando hadn't seen him in weeks and had flyers up looking for him. Ando went on with his life while Hiro traveled. Maybe present time will change after Hiro has a chance to make his changes, but the changes haven't caught up yet from an outside perspective.
It's possible. But on the other hand, Hiro went into the future the first time, so I wouldn't expect anything he did to affect the timeline in between the present and his visit to the future. Now that he's gone back into the past I'd think it would be different, but then, time travel always gives me a headache.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn, there are more than one kind of radiation. Gamma rays would produce heat and burning effects, and could have ignited the car, but only slow neutrons can make other substances become radioactive.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I thought gamma rays made you green and angry.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
Lyrhawn, there are more than one kind of radiation. Gamma rays would produce heat and burning effects, and could have ignited the car, but only slow neutrons can make other substances become radioactive.

Well there's a nice little ex deux machina. "What? Radiation? No, this time it was the OTHER radiation."

Every previous time he has used his abilities it has been threatening to the people around him, and left a radioactive echo. It'd be inconsistent, but unsurprising, if all of a sudden he can control it.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
I thought gamma rays made you green and angry.

True Story, Bruce Banner has demonstrated the effect of gamma rays time and time again!
Lisa
Member # 8384

Of course, sometimes it makes him grey, rather than green...
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think its a stretch to call this a science fiction show. The basic premise, that genetic mutations could lead to super powers like flight, walking through walls, seeing the future and the like has no scientific plausibility whatsoever. This is a fantasy show not science fiction. To quibble about the scientific accuracy of the radiation when the entire show is based on a fantastic non-scientific idea is ridiculous.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
I'm willing to accept it if it's pointed out that whatever this guy does has elements very like radiation but not exactly.

I'm not asking for iron-clad scientific accuracy, but consistency would be nice. The Fed told the cop if their dosimeters changed color they were dead. Well, the dosimeters changed color. Hello?

And me, if I knew I was holding a man who could emit radiation, I might take steps to, I dunno, contain that radiation? Maybe wear a radsuit before I talked to him?

What if the two characters exposed to the radiation start losing hair and puking blood? Would that make you feel better?

Actually to be honest that would introduce an interesting dynamic.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
I thought the name on the kid's file looked like you could easily get Syler out of it (S. Iyer). I suspect him.

Oooo! I like this theory. It would match well with the bet from one of the first episodes where Sylar says that Mohinders father made him what he is. Does anyone remember the exact quote and which episode it was in?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm scared of the show going the way of Lost: Having so many loose plot lines that it's doomed to only last 2 or 3 seasons before people start getting sick of it. I think the danger with Heroes is expanding the powers to far so that we can't keep track of who, what, when, where, why, or even why we should care. Case in point: Hiro. From the first commercial I saw with him in it, I said "That's going to be messy". Dealing with space-time stuff is just asking for confusion and headaches. I liked them talking about the danger of creating rifts, etc etc, since that seemed a good way to limit his power, but now they're in dangerous waters. I hope they work it out.

And I didn't really mind the sister subplot. Farfetched, yes, but Mohinders dad was a weird guy. Though I'm not sure how no one who knew his parents before ever mentioned that he had a sister. Kind of like a Truman Show type deal. [Dont Know]

Oh, and what the heck? If (and I think it was, don't get me wrong) that was Syler who killed Charesh (Mohinders dad. I think I got the name right), then why did he use his hands? And if he was going to use his hands, why didn't he just snap his neck or something a lot easier than bashing his head against a window. The guy has super strength and mind control powers (to name a few), why be so messy?

Last thing: Do you think they'll ever give an explanation as to why the heroes powers are only showing up now? It doesn't seem like it's tied into to any biological process. I haven't read any of the comics or any of the other supplementary things (if there are any) so maybe I'm missing something.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
People have very strange ideas about radsuits. Radsuits don't protect you from radiation. They will block alpha particles but then so does your skin. They will keep you from getting radioactive particles in your lungs, hair and on your clothing which makes it much easier to decontaminate you after you've left the area. But radsuits do not provide any significant radiation protection.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
I'm scared of the show going the way of Lost: Having so many loose plot lines that it's doomed to only last 2 or 3 seasons before people start getting sick of it.

I think they're aware of that danger. Watch it tonight.

quote:
And I didn't really mind the sister subplot. Farfetched, yes, but Mohinders dad was a weird guy. Though I'm not sure how no one who knew his parents before ever mentioned that he had a sister. Kind of like a Truman Show type deal. [Dont Know]

That actually happens. It didn't seem far-fetched to me at all.

quote:
Oh, and what the heck? If (and I think it was, don't get me wrong) that was Syler who killed Charesh (Mohinders dad. I think I got the name right), then why did he use his hands?

When I saw that, I concluded from it that Chandra (Suresh is their last name) didn't have any powers. I assume that he only eats the brains (or whatever) of people with powers. Presumably to absorb those powers himself.

quote:
And if he was going to use his hands, why didn't he just snap his neck or something a lot easier than bashing his head against a window. The guy has super strength and mind control powers (to name a few), why be so messy?

Remember the phone message he left for Chandra? All of his other killings seem to be for a purpose. With Chandra, it was personal. He blamed Chandra for making him what he is. That's the kind of anger we saw when he beat his head in.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and what the heck? If (and I think it was, don't get me wrong) that was Syler who killed Charesh (Mohinders dad. I think I got the name right), then why did he use his hands? And if he was going to use his hands, why didn't he just snap his neck or something a lot easier than bashing his head against a window. The guy has super strength and mind control powers (to name a few), why be so messy?
I took this as being a deliberate plot point, and a very cool one. When he made his first kill (Charesh), he had no powers. This to me implies that he gains the powers of those he kills (which I've suspected all along), perhaps by doing something to their brains.

I thought that perhaps Charesh's power was to be able to locate other super-powered people, but it looks like if he didn't eat his brain, probably not. More likely, Sylar simply stole Charesh's research to locate others.

I have the same sort of reactions others are having. Shouting out "those two are now dead, that was way too much radiation to live!" and similar things.

But I don't let it get to me. Perhaps because I read comic books about super-heroes, and have to make similar sacrifices on the alter of suspension of disbelief every time I pick up an issue. It simply is not the standard of which most science fiction is held up to.

For instance, my other new show I've been watching is Jericho. Now that show has enough things which strain my credulity that it is becoming more difficult to watch it.

Is it more far-fetched than Heroes? Of course not, Heroes is way more far-fetched. The difference is how the two are presented. One is comic book fantasy, the other is relatively hard science fiction.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:

When I saw that, I concluded from it that Chandra (Suresh is their last name) didn't have any powers. I assume that he only eats the brains (or whatever) of people with powers. Presumably to absorb those powers himself.

Lisa: Remember when we are introduced to the cop's power they go into the house and the mother is pegged to the stairwell by some knifes and the father eating cereal seems to have been haulted mid bite by the fact half his skull and entire brain is missing.

I guess its possible the father had powers, (He certainly didn't have psychic powers) [Big Grin] but it wasn't stated affirmatively in the show, it could go either way I guess. Doesn't it sound alittle simple that Sylar picks up brains because he wants to absorb their powers? He clearly has all the powers he has right now, he didn't need Peter (Or was it Nathan, I mix em up) in order to fly.

Perhaps he is like a serial killer that takes trophies?

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Watch it tonight.
Do you get advance screenings or something? Because if so, I might have to eat your brain to absorb that power (completely kidding of course [Wink] ).

Oh, and I forgot to mention ... is it assumed that Eve's power is to make people do things? Maybe like a Siren or something.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:

Oh, and I forgot to mention ... is it assumed that Eve's power is to make people do things? Maybe like a Siren or something.

If it was it might explain why Sylar was able to make that cop almost shoot herself in the head.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I looked at the segment with Sylar in the cafe from last week and he isn't wearing a visable watch. He could have one that is covered by his sleave, but I can't see any indication that he is the owner of the 7 minutes to midnight watch.

Also, Claire's Dad wears a watch with a metal band so it doesn't match the 7 minutes to midnight watch.

Xavier
Member # 405

It was me who posted that, not Lisa.

You may be right, but I myself doubt it. I think he is gaining more and more power with each and every kill. I think now that he killed the girl who could remember everything, that he himself will now have that power.

I can't explain how he can fly, without having killed Nathan, but I still think my theory is correct.

Oh and by the way, I thought the girl with the memory power was completely adorable. I liked her a lot. I had a feeling she was going to die that episode, but hopefully she can make subsequent appearences.

It's sort of like the really sweet and cute girl on Grey's anatomy that came in with a pole through her. The writer's set you up to care about her (and they did a great job, at least for me) and then had her die in the same episode. So you know that the character's sole purpose was to die in a way that affected the viewer emotionally. It felt very manipulative in Grey's Anatomy, and I'm hoping it isn't the case here.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:
Watch it tonight.
Do you get advance screenings or something? Because if so, I might have to eat your brain to absorb that power (completely kidding of course [Wink] ).
Heh. No, but I get the gossip. And tonight is the one where the whole "Save the Cheerleader; Save the World" happens.

quote:

Eden. And yes, that's what it looked like last week.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
"But I don't let it get to me. Perhaps because I read comic books about super-heroes, and have to make similar sacrifices on the alter of suspension of disbelief every time I pick up an issue. It simply is not the standard of which most science fiction is held up to."

I can't define precisely what the stress load on my willing suspension of disbelief is. I only know that the more apparently impossible or contradictory things I am expected to ignore, the less I am "inside" the story. I accept that this show will have elements that are physically impossible, but there has to be an inner consistency for me to enjoy the show anyway.

Had the fed not made a point of handing the cop the dosimeter and told him a color change meant he was dead, and had the director not made a point of showing us that the cop saw his dosimeter had changed color, it wouldn't have bothered me. Had they just walked right in and then we saw the water bubbling I would have joked and said "ha, shouldn't they be dead now?" and moved on, knowing full well they'd show up hale and hearty later on. But here we were told, explicitly, that a red dosimeter means they're dead and there's a red dosimeter. If that is never again addressed I'll have lost a lot of respect for the show's creators.

I can ignore a certain level of implausibility, but the more I'm forced to ignore the more likely I am to drop out of the experience and start noticing other things wrong with the show. Or movie, or book.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistaben
Member # 8721

- posted      Profile for mistaben           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Sylar has mind control powers. The telekinesis he demonstrated with his coffee mug last week can easily explain the woman pegged to the wall with knives and the lady cop holding her gun to her own head.

Also, we never see a watch on Sylar in the restaurant but whenever we get close to him we hear a loud ticking sound. That's a good enough link for me.

I was amused to note the concerns with the radiation. I didn't even think about it! Some physicist, eh? Then again I was wearing my sci-fi/fantasy nerd hat instead of the physicist one.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I say mind control powers because of the scene in the FBI where he forced the chick to put the gun to her head. I took that as mind control powers at least.
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:
Also, we never see a watch on Sylar in the restaurant
Uh... Yeah we did, several times in fact. It was the same blue watch, but the glass (or plastic) face was broken.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Yeah, I just watched it, it's true. In the second scene (first scene in the diner) the camera rests on it clearly for a second or so. Definitely the same watch pointing to 7 minutes to midnight.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

You're right Dr. Strangelove. I'd only checked the second scene that shows Sylar in the cafe. In the opening scene, they definitely show him wearing the 7 minutes to midnight watch.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Gosh darn it Lisa! I thought you said this week had answers! It answers nothing! Nothing, you hear me! Ahhhh!!!

In other news, good stuff with Mohinder. And Claire's dad is really hooked up. Definitely seeming kind of like a (possibly) benevolent Stryker from X2.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, just wow. That was an awesome episode. I was disappointed that there wasn't any Hiro until the very end, but that's okay. I totally expected Peter to heal thanks to Claire though. My friend predicted Jackie (or whatever her name was) would get killed by Sylar due to the pictures (after Peter's mistake). It was still good stuff. I'm always surprised how much by the end of Heroes I'm pumped up and wishing it was already the next Monday. This is an awesome show and it just keeps getting better in my opinion.

EDIT: Claire's dad makes think of a more pro-active and forceful Charles Xavier from the X-Men. He seems to be interested in the people and wants to help them, but he just has a lot of different means to do it. He seems to do some bad things (capturing the mind reading guy and tagging him adn such), but I think his ends are good.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, awesome, awesome episode!!!!! I loved it. I agree though I wish Hiro was in it more. I was really surprised they caught Sylar but now we'll learn more about him which should be interesting. Jessicas past should be cool too! I can't WAIT till next week!!!
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
**SPOILERS**

I can't wait for next week's episode because it looks like Sylar will be in Claire's dad's lab.

Also, definately expected Peter to get arrested and to heal himself due to being in proximity to Claire. I wish there had been more Hiro, but it seems like next week will have more of his story and where he went. Oh, and way to end the DL/Jessica line! Ahh!

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

*Spoilers*

I loved how Claire's dad (does he have a name?) had such confidence in Eden subduing Sylar. I mean, he shows her these gory pictures of peoples heads chopped open and then says "Ok, go take care of him".

Also, DL can pass through solid objects. Wouldn't it make sense that solid objects (like ... bullets) could also pass through him? I personally kind of doubt it'll end up that way, but its a distinct possibility.

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  32  33  34   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.