FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes (Page 18)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Heroes
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't already - it looks like Heroes has taken a page from the Lost marketing experience. Primatech Paper has a website and you can call the TF shown on the business card.

**Semi-Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Enter extension 360 into the IVR for 1-800-PRIMA16, it'll give the website address for the paper company with some instructions. I'm not sure what'll come of it - but it looks like fun, at the least.

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
How the heck is Linderman getting all the information regarding anything remotely connected to the Hero Genome?

Isaac's paintings.
Nate's political career.
Niki's debt.
Hiro's Sword.
Now gets a favor from DL.

How?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Linderman has a power. I don't know what it is, but he's got inside scoop. Who knows? Maybe Hiro was talking to him 20 years ago and let this stuff slip. There's just something about him that makes me think of Biff and the sports almanac from Back to the Future II.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I was out-voted last night and we watched 24, with the promise that I could download the new Heroes Episode today.

I cannot find a download. Waaaaaaaaah! Dang you, Jack Bauer! Dang you to heck!

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Olivet, try tvtorrents dot com.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
My hunch is that the asian lady that was talking to Niki in the Las Vegas episodes is actually Linderman, and everyone thinks that she is just one of his employees.

OR......Here is a thought....What if Mr. Bennette (Claires' Dad, or HRG) works for Linderman?

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Thanks, Lisa!
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there's a limit to how literally we can take Peter's vision, partially because if the invisible dude is present in the vision, the other characters shouldn't be able to see him [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a limit to how literally we can take ANYTHING. Take the T-Rex for example. We all saw that and immediately assumed that Hiro would accidentally teleport himself back to pre-history, when what really happened was his posing with the T-Rex model at the museum.

My (probably not very relevant) question is: did he pose like that for fun? Or did he perhaps pose like that to fulfill the pre-cognitive picture that Isaac painted?

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
Here is a thought....What if Mr. Bennette (Claires' Dad, or HRG) works for Linderman?

I (and probably several others) have suggested that before. I think that this is looking and more and more likely.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't quite know about the Bennette-Linderman connection. If there was one, why was Linderman looking for Nathan that morning with Jessica/Niki. Then again, how did Mr. Bennette find Nathan there to begin with?

Perhaps Linderman was playing for misdirection? Seems unlikely, but incredibly brilliant if the writers had the forethought to plan that.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

La de da de da....

SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emEIFRAEMwg

do doo dooo

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hey look... a new... Heroin... villian.... um... lady with the hero genome that is evil. [Smile]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJ6wH7oo9M

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
Hey look... a new... Heroin... villian.... um... lady with the hero genome that is evil. [Smile]

I wish Eve was still alive! We need more good heroes not sinister ones!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah ... those videos are awesome. (This actually is Dr Strangelove. Don't know how my s/n gets signed on at home). I download the episodes, so I never see the previews for next week, but I'm glad you guys linked those. All veeerrryyyy interesting.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Hana isn't evil. She's working for Claire's father, who told her that he's CIA (though that's apparently a lie). She's actually after him now.

The last four issues of the online comic tell Hana's story. For those of you who've read it, the terrorist attack that happens at the beginning of the story really happened. I was on the same bus, leaving at the same time, just the day before. Had I gone one day later, I would have died in that attack.

David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
I REALLY hope they have a cogent explanation for all the links (especially the weird half-DNA symbol)... please, let's not do an X-Files here...
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

When Niki broke the nightstick last night, was it her doing that, or Jessica? If it was Jessica, she must have come out for a second or less, broke it, and left, because the look on Niki's face was of total shock. I got the feeling that some of Jessica's superstrength is leaking through to Niki now.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:

She isn't sinister. Just very, very angry.
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
When Niki broke the nightstick last night, was it her doing that, or Jessica? If it was Jessica, she must have come out for a second or less, broke it, and left, because the look on Niki's face was of total shock. I got the feeling that some of Jessica's superstrength is leaking through to Niki now.

I noticed that too. I'm thinking it might be the beginning of Niki taking control of Jessica and harnessing those abilities without letting our crazy alter-ego out. And she better learn to do it quick because she is in big trouble.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
You could be right Lisa. Remember just before she did that she said to Micah, "I need you to be the strong one, because I'm not." and he responded with "Thats not fair."

She then insisted she be allowed to hold her son, and then the night stick schtick happened.

I liked that "weak/strong" reversal by the way.

Also I've never seen a nightstick snap, so thats a Heroes first for me [Big Grin]

I was confused about the fire/radioactive man. His old room was completely torched, why wasn't the shack catching fire as he practiced his powers? I thought he was constantly emanating huge amounts of radiation.

Also did anybody else think it was a bit odd that in such a dump he had a nice expensive laptop?

I suppose perhaps he has more control over his power now, whereas before he was leaking it all the time.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Check out the online comic at nbc.com. There is a whole series up giving the back story of this new character.

It also seems clear that many of the heroes who were once working with/for Bennet are in rebellion. Eve was about to leave after she did in Sylar. The Haitian is clearly in at least partial rebellion. Hana (i.e. new girl) has rebelled.

Then you add to that the Heroes he's captured but who've never worked for him who are starting to figure things out and get angry at him.

Things are starting to fall apart in Mr. Bennett's world.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's a limit to how literally we can take ANYTHING. Take the T-Rex for example. We all saw that and immediately assumed that Hiro would accidentally teleport himself back to pre-history, when what really happened was his posing with the T-Rex model at the museum.

My (probably not very relevant) question is: did he pose like that for fun? Or did he perhaps pose like that to fulfill the pre-cognitive picture that Isaac painted?

I thought of this too, but in the painting, the blade was out. So yeah, we do get to see him teleport to prehistoric time.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps it's not sufficient for everyone, but the weird half-DNA symbol was in a way explained in this last episode. When Hiro and his pal found the "sword"
Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, her name was Eden not Eve.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:

You're so funny. Weren't you the one calling her Eve last time, too?
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome point gnixing.
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Why didn't Sylar escape?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
No Lisa

That was me.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Frisco, in the online comic it looked like they shot him full of tranquillizers or something.
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like they should've made something like that clear to the millions of people who probably haven't read the online comics.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:

You're so funny. Weren't you the one calling her Eve last time, too?
No that was somebody else, though I distinctly remember you correcting that person too.

I think I actually thought about the incident when I wrote out the name and somehow it came out Eve instead of Eden. I don't know what I was thinking, does that even make any sense?

Olivet
Member # 1104

Frisco, I totally agree. I expected something to be said about it, but *shrug*

I had to find out by reading this thread. O_O

Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Mild spoiler here from Ausiello@TVGuide:

quote:
Question: How much longer is the character of Zach going to be on Heroes? When he was mind-wiped and forgot his friendship with Claire, it seemed like a natural opportunity for producers to resolve his story line and rid themselves of a problem actor. So I was disappointed when I tuned in to the Jan. 22 episode and saw actor Isaiah Wash — oops, I mean Thomas Dekker — still under their employ. Is Zach going to officially "come out" as straight on the show, or will his orientation remain a mystery until he leaves for his sure-to-be-canceled Terminator series on Fox?— John

Ausiello: Get this: Monday's episode was Dekker's — and Zach's — last. And let's not be so quick to blame Dekker. As I was recently made aware, his manager was one of several forces conspiring to "straighten up" Zach (one of which is very high up).

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Any comments from folks on last night's episode?

Not much happened to move the plot along, I guess, but still, seems remarkably quiet here.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I quit watching
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
II hope you don't mind me jumping in here without reading the pages upon pages of past posts. [Smile]

I've been watching Heroes all along. I have to admit, It has come close to losing me a few times. It has always managed to keep me just interested enough to give it another chance, but at least part of that has to be the wish-fulfillment element of the whole premise.

And I'll watch again next week, but the story moves along soooo slowly and, IMHO, there are just too many characters. I like Hiro and Peter and the Cheerleader. I'm okay with the cop. But they could totally lose Niki/Jessica and her family and I wouldn't miss it. I'm not that interested in the Indian doctor either, come to think of it.

I keep hoping that the characters will gather together soon so that the plot is not so split.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
It made it difficult for me when Heroes ran against 24. I couldn't bear to miss either one. Thank goodness for my VCR!

I do not like the way it has developed that Hiro thinks he has to find the sword before he can exercise his powers any more. I wonder what the significance will be of having George Takei for his dad. Good ol' Sulu sure looked fierce and disapproving!

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
If you think Heroes moves slow, you must HATE LOST. I don't plan to watch LOST when it comes back on, but Heroes is awesome and fulfilling in comparison. Every week we get some questions answered, and next week looks like no exception.

The question now is: Who is Claire's father? And how awesome is it that her mother has pyrokinesis? I like that we're seeing some new characters crop up, and I too would be perfectly satisfied to see the Niki plotline die a quick and humane death, but it's worth it for the lines I like.

The design on Hiro's sword is no longer believed to be an RNA symbol, but rather a Japanese character that means "special" or something like that. And I don't like the idea of his ability needing to be linked to the sword either, but I think the whole thing is in his head.

I like Peter's new journey to be able to control his power, and that Nathan and Mohinder have teamed up.

I watch 24 too, but never during the regular season. I can't stand waiting from week to week.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

For Claire's father -- my money is on Nathan Petrelli. No one else seems to make sense.

I haven't seen Lost. Some people have recommended it but I've been avoiding starting too many new shows. I'll keep in mind that it moves slowly. I was tempted, though, because Mira Furlan is supposedly a recurring character and I loved her in Babylon 5.

As for Heroes, it is getting better. I think the critical moment when they almost lost me was within the first 5 episodes. At least now I know the characters a little better. At first, not only was it moving slowly but they started out with half a dozen characters, none of which i knew. Once I got past that, I would agree that each week they explore new ground and leave us with new hanging questions.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
just me or did they heavily imply that Hiro's dad was Linderman?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

Nope, not just you!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Um...wouldn't Nathan have been like 12 when that happened? Claire is 17 years old, so that means she was born in 1989, probably, unless her birthday is in the first couple weeks of January (assuming the show takes place concurrently with our timeline).

How old does that make Nathan at the time? I don't get the impression that his age difference is THAT pronounced from Peter's, or from Claire's.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

There was no suggestion that the guys who kidnapped Hiro and Ando work for Linderman.

I actually like Jessica/Niki plotline, and I like that the show is showing that Micah is not perfect and does need discipline, he can be childish as all children are quick to be [Wink]

All I could think when the episode ended was, "oh geez, Claire's step dad is in BIG trouble."

How could Sylar possibly mimic death? I mean I assume part of the doctors procedure if his heart stopped would be to use a defibrillator. Could Sylar really just stoically take all those volts and keep up the facade? Or did he actually lower all his bodily functions to levels where they would register as dead and then bring himself back? I guess the show might explain it, but still, we have no knowledge of him obtaining powers that would grant him those abilities.

I wonder how long they can keep up this introduction of people with power, will we be able to keep up with it all, or will they have to start killing off people mercilessly?

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

Depends on what you knew beforehand. Without reading spoilers I don't know how you could have known that they were going to meet Hiro's father, at which point you should have found out that it was George Takei.

But if you mean it was heavily implied that the BOSS was Linderman, then yes, I think they did.

Christine
Member # 8594

I thought Nathan was in his mid-thirties. Also, Claire is 15.5...they were very specific about that in the last episode. I figured it happened when he was about 20 and now he's 35 or so. Do you have some reason to believe that he's in his twenties?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I thought she was 16 actually, but Wikipedia said she was 17. I have no reason to believe he's any particular age, except that he's older than 25 or else he wouldn't be running for the House.

But I've never seen his age specifically named. If he was 30, that means he fathered Claire when he was 14 or so.

Depends entirely on how old he is, and what the hell he was doing in Kermit TX, or what small town Texas woman was doing in NY.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I thought she clearly said she was 16 as well.
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember reading an article a while back that said that all superheroes are 29 unless otherwise noted. (Not for this show in particular, this was just a general comic rule.)

[ January 30, 2007, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Irami Osei-Frimpong ]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
I quit watching

Can I ask why?
  This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  32  33  34   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.