FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes (Page 27)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Heroes
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfcogRnU9o
^^ Preview of April's new episode.

Just watched it more or less frame by frame as well as I could and it appears Peter pulls the rug out (metaphorically) speaking from under Sylar. Towards the end you can see Sylar flying up towards the ceiling where Mohinder is still stuck, you then see Peter with a concentrated look on his face and then you see Mohinder fall to the ground.

Other notes on the trailer;

Micah meets Linderman. Who is the girl at exactly 9 seconds into the trailer, she appears to be talking to Nathan? At the very beginning, Sylar is still wearing the clothing he wore when he attacked Peter and Mohinder but it looks like its the next morning, can't really tell if its the same apartment. His stance is puzzling. Definitely another episode with future Hiro's, he looks so freakin cool too! (7 seconds into the trailer).

Not happy that at 12 seconds they replayed the footage where Peter flies away from the Haitian and Mr. Bennet with Invisible man in tow. At the part where Sylar says, "This is usually the part where people start screaming," I am not convinced this scene takes place in Mohinder's apartment.

Lastly, can anybody figure out the room Hiro and Ando are exploring at 13 seconds?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DevilDreamt
Member # 10242

- posted      Profile for DevilDreamt   Email DevilDreamt         Edit/Delete Post 
David... if you have any idea who owned that body while it still had a complete skull on it and you're choosing to withhold information, I will be most upset. Maybe it's Peter's.

Phanto - Being able to see the future but being unable to alter it is a pretty common theme. It is meant to be sad, but I was hoping for something less emo from this show.

I really really like the idea that Peter saved the wrong cheerleader. Who knows? Maybe there was something very important about the girl that Sylar killed, and we just don't know it yet. It makes me happy, to think that she is secretly important, but I highly doubt the writers will decide to go in that direction.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter CAN'T nuke anybody yet, I'm fairly certain.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RamseyEarl
Member # 10265

- posted      Profile for RamseyEarl   Email RamseyEarl         Edit/Delete Post 
I just reviewed the scene with Hiro discovering the body... It actually looks more like Ted than Isaac...

There really is no reason to say the girl in the painting was Claire at all. Or even to assume that Hiro was referring to Claire.... We have nothing to back it on.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DevilDreamt:
David... if you have any idea who owned that body while it still had a complete skull on it and you're choosing to withhold information, I will be most upset. Maybe it's Peter's.

I just looked at the shot of the dead body and sure looks like Isaac to me. Its definitely not Peter or any other character we've been introduced to so far.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who is the girl at exactly 9 seconds into the trailer, she appears to be talking to Nathan?
I think it's Claire with dyed hair.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think she looks like Claire. Her face isn't round enough. Also, the man shes talking to appears to be wearing glasses so its not Nathan. Have we met anyone other than HRG who wears glasses? (Hiro of course, but the man in that shot is definitely not Hiro).
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first saw it after the episode, I thought it was Claire with dyed hair. Now that I've rewatched it a few times, I'm not positive. I'm still leaning towards it being Claire, but it could be someone new.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Same nose, mouth, and eyes. I think the face looks thin because of shadows and, well, an entirely different hair color.

And I'm not seeing glasses on the guy she's talking to. I see dark eyelashes.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
And I'm not seeing glasses on the guy she's talking to. I see dark eyelashes
What I'm seeing is the arm of the glasses going over the guys ear.

As for same nose, mouth and eyes, well we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one until April 23.

Frisco
Member # 3765

We don't have to disagree. You could pause the video and open a tab with a picture of Claire right next to it for a direct comparison. [Razz]
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Really? I thought that was the whole basis on him learning to control his powers. Or was the whole him exploding thing about all his powers reacting at once? I thought it was just that if he didn't control his nuclear power he would blow up New York.

Didn't he end up meeting Mr. Nuclear Reactor in one of the earlier episodes, at the same time he met the cop guy? Time to start rewatching the episodes [Smile]

Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
It is so very obviously Claire that I'm actually confused as to how anyone could disagree. When Niki and I saw the preview, we were both surprised how much more attracted to her we were with dark hair. There was no question in either of our minds as to who it was.

I guess everyone does facial recognition a bit differently, and dark hair may be enough to throw some of our brains off.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So, can anyone tell me? Why do I read the title of this thread as "Herpes"?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to say, that girl at 9 seconds doesn't look much like Claire to me. I've got it paused and I found a picture of Claire in another window and I keep going back and forth -- I know changing hair color is significant and can cast shadows in weird places, but the shape of the face is just all wrong. The brunette has a long slim face whereas Claire has a rounder face. The chins are particularly different. Also, the expression isn't something I'm used to seeing on Claire, who usually looks more scared or confused. [Smile]

Besides, wasn't Claire still a blonde in Peter's vision?

I don't know, I suppose it could be Claire with new hair color, like I said that is a big transformation that can appear to change more than just the hair through shadows and what not, but I'm just not seeing it as a certainty.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Its Claire. I have no doubt. Considering Hiro is in the future now it could very well be future Claire, which explains why she looks different. They would have had to have done her makeup and stuff to make her look five years older.
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gsim1337:
quote:
Really? I thought that was the whole basis on him learning to control his powers. Or was the whole him exploding thing about all his powers reacting at once? I thought it was just that if he didn't control his nuclear power he would blow up New York.

Didn't he end up meeting Mr. Nuclear Reactor in one of the earlier episodes, at the same time he met the cop guy? Time to start rewatching the episodes [Smile]

He hasn't met Mr. Nuclear yet, but he knows he will need to learn to control other's powers, because he can't help absorbing them. At least that is what I thought-- I went looking and couldn't find a time when Peter encountered Ted.[edit: Yet. I could be wrong, but I couldn't find it. I suspect he might have gone a bit radioactive when Simone died, if he already had that power.

Naughty me, I'm totally breaking my self-imposed forum ban to talk about this show. [Big Grin] I said I wasn't gonna until the novel's done. The show's just that darned good, I tells ya!]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RamseyEarl
Member # 10265

- posted      Profile for RamseyEarl   Email RamseyEarl         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else notice the Playstation 3 product placement in this last episode?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Frisco:
We don't have to disagree. You could pause the video and open a tab with a picture of Claire right next to it for a direct comparison. [Razz]

I did that before I posted my first assessment and I still disagree.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RamseyEarl:

Definitely noticed it, though its a bit less pronounced then the Nissan advertisements.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Sorry to double post but I think it could very well be Clair. The eyebrows are the same, as is the eye color. Hair length is similar, Perhaps they dyed her hair so that they could hide her more easily?

The fact they say, "They saved the cheerleader" and then respond with a cycling through some characters and end with this girl, leads me to think they were indicating that its Clair.

BTW have any of you noticed Clair selling Nutrigena products on your television lately? [Big Grin]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I really really like the idea that Peter saved the wrong cheerleader.
No, no. They saved the cheerleader (Claire).

I think the phrase "Save the cheerleader, Save the World" is not an if-then statement. It's a chronological statement.

So it's not "If you save the cheerleader, then you save the world." It is two separate tasks:
1) Save the cheerleader
2) Save the world.

my two cents.
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Farmgirl I disagree. I think they are an if-then statement. Because I think Peter is the key to saving the world. And to save the world, he had to have one ability that trumps anything Sylar can do to him - the ability to heal. Saving the cheerleader was all about him absorbing Claire's ability, while keeping Sylar from getting Claire's ability. Does that make sense?
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah - so you are saying it is the saving of the cheerleader that gives him the ABILITY to save the world. But the act of saving the cheerleader did not itself cause the saving of the world.

very plausible possibility.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

For what it's worth, I also think it's an if-then statement, although I don't think saving the world is guaranteed because he saved the cheerleader, only that its destruction was guaranteed if he hadn't. Which really makes it a moot point as, chronologically, he now has to save the world. [Smile]
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Perhaps we should say that saving the cheerleader was a necessary but not sufficient condition for saving the world.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree with both yours and Christine's latest posts. [Smile]

Edit: Make that, I agree with Farmgirl, Christine, and Rabbit.

[ March 08, 2007, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Belle ]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:

BTW have any of you noticed Clair selling Nutrigena products on your television lately? [Big Grin]

Hell ya.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... isn't it possible that saving Claire may not have saved New York, but it saved the world anyway?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Um... isn't it possible that saving Claire may not have saved New York, but it saved the world anyway?
If Sylar gets a hold of that list, and takes the powers of hundreds, he could easily become the dictator of the world. Especially with Ted's power. He can hold the world's cities hostage, and between Claire's power and Nathan's, he would be extremely difficult to kill.

By saving Claire, Sylar is still one bullet away from death. By Peter taking her ability, he makes himself a powerful adversary.

So yeah, even if NY is toast, it may well have been the difference.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Claire's been selling Neutrogena products on TV since before she was Claire. She got that gig when she was first noticed on the Disney Channel.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
If Sylar steals Hiro's power, the world will be pretty screwed. Just throwing that out there.

Ok, I have a question and don't feel like slogging through all the episodes to answer it - Have any of Isaacs paintings not come true? Every one I can think of has, even if its not in the way you'd think (ie., Peter all brokeded). So ... is New York pretty much done for? I could be, and likely am, wrong. I'm not sure how I'd feel about them blowing up New York. I'm not sure how New York would feel about them blowing up New York.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

LOTS of directions for the show if New York blows up. Especially with Linderman's prediction that Nathan will be a heartbeat from the presidency. People LOVE heroes who help pick up the pieces, (excuse the unintended play on heroes).

Not sure if any of Isaac's pictures have not come true.

edit: Pick up the pieces and were themselves a victim of the same tragedy.

BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
If Sylar steals Hiro's power, the world will be pretty screwed. Just throwing that out there.

Ok, I have a question and don't feel like slogging through all the episodes to answer it - Have any of Isaacs paintings not come true? Every one I can think of has, even if its not in the way you'd think (ie., Peter all brokeded). So ... is New York pretty much done for? I could be, and likely am, wrong. I'm not sure how I'd feel about them blowing up New York. I'm not sure how New York would feel about them blowing up New York.

I've been wondering the same thing ever since they made a point to have Hiro pose with the sword (sheath) in front of the T-Rex at the museum. I can't think of any broken prophecies.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

To be honest, I have been thinking that New York probably will blow up. "Save the Cheerleader. Save the World" may not mean New York at all. New York isn't the whole world, after all. Plus, like you say, all Isaac's paintings do come to pass.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
New York isn't the whole world, after all.
Say what?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
I think all the paintings have come true, but some of them have been misleading. Hiro & T-rex. The exploding man painting doesn't show where he blows. Of course it is hard to get around the painting on the floor of Isaac’s apartment.

We don't know for sure that Peter is the one that blows up. He could have changed that vision by learning to control his powers. It could have been a warning to get him to learn to use his powers. It seemed more like a message than an actual scene from the future to me. He could be like Rouge from the X-men comics who keeps some part of the person's psyche’s after she absorbs their power. Maybe the collective psyches reached out to his subconscious to warn him they were still there and he better learn to control him. This would explain why Clair was still in her cheerleader’s outfit.

Going out on a limb there I know, but it was just a thought. Even if it wasn’t their psyche’s it could have still be Peter’s subconscious figuring it out.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
New York isn't the whole world, after all.
Say what?
Yeah, well, it may come as a shock to many New Yorkers but alas, it's true. [Smile]
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by SC Carver:
I think all the paintings have come true, but some of them have been misleading. Hiro & T-rex. The exploding man painting doesn't show where he blows. Of course it is hard to get around the painting on the floor of Isaac’s apartment.

We don't know for sure that Peter is the one that blows up.

That could have been a picture of him almost blowing up before Claude decked him.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by SC Carver:

We don't know for sure that Peter is the one that blows up.

That could have been a picture of him almost blowing up before Claude decked him.
Or a picture of Ted at the Bennet residence. [Dont Know]
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

If nothing Isaac paints can be changed, it makes the whole show rather pointless. I certainly hope that doesn't turn out that way.
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
If nothing Isaac paints can be changed, it makes the whole show rather pointless. I certainly hope that doesn't turn out that way.

Why would it be pointless? All that this limitation to Isaac's ability means is that the entire show wouldn't be about the character trying to keep the future in the paintings from coming true. There are dozens and dozens of books, stories, movies, and shows about that kind of thing already. The future is complex, and I don't see anything wrong with Isaac only being able to paint the parts that are set in stone.

Of course, I could be biased...I actually have a published novel out about a woman who can predict the future but can't change it. [Smile]

SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
They usually make a point to really show when one of the painting comes to pass. Almost freeze frame, so I don't think the exploding man has happened yet.

If it is Peter why couldn't he fly away, or stop time and teleport to try and save lives. Assuming he learns to control Hiro’s power.

It could also Ned or even Sylar if he steals Ned’s ability. The later could happen since it seems it takes both Sylar and Peter awhile to learn to control their new powers. In this case Peter and/or Hiro could stop time and teleport him away.

I think they will find a way to save NY and still have the scene with the mushroom cloud to "fulfill" the painting.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I think they will find a way to save NY and still have the scene with the mushroom cloud to "fulfill" the painting.

So the scene where Hiro sees the explosion would not be fulfilled, but the other scene, the drawing, would?
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
That's along the lines of what I was thinking, too.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:
Originally posted by RamseyEarl:

Definitely noticed it, though its a bit less pronounced then the Nissan advertisements.
All product placement is less pronounced than the Nissan advertisements.

Except maybe for Harold and Kumar.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:
quote:

So the scene where Hiro sees the explosion would not be fulfilled, but the other scene, the drawing, would?
And what about the Isaac's rooftop painting with the view over the devastated New York. Its hard to imagine any way that New York could be saved and that painting could be "fulfilled" .
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:

Why would it be pointless? All that this limitation to Isaac's ability means is that the entire show wouldn't be about the character trying to keep the future in the paintings from coming true. There are dozens and dozens of books, stories, movies, and shows about that kind of thing already. The future is complex, and I don't see anything wrong with Isaac only being able to paint the parts that are set in stone.

Of course, I could be biased...I actually have a published novel out about a woman who can predict the future but can't change it. [Smile]

I didn't say that any story where a person can see the future but not change it would be pointless, I said that this particular story will be fairly pointless if the it is not possible to change anything in Isaac's paintings. This is a TV story about people who discover they have super powers and discover that a catastrophy is about to occur. If they are just going to conclude that even people with super powers and a foreknowledge of future events can't make a difference, I'll be disgusted. That kind of story might work in a good short story, but I can't imagine it making worthwhile TV series.
Christine
Member # 8594

You're probably right, Rabbit. I thought about it a little longer after I posted that and realized that what works on the screen is very different from what works in print. The one I wrote is a character story, which I have rarely seen translate well into film and is certainly not going to work in the midst of a bunch of superheros running around trying to save the world. Isaac would fade into irrelevance (which wouldn't hurt my feelings too much as he's not my favorite character) and his paintings would be relegated to collector's items. (Although probably worth a lot.)
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I don't think Isaac's character would fade into insignificance or that his painting would become irrelevant but it would radically change the character of the show.

If Isaac painted a picture of you murdered in what is clearly the very near future and you knew without doubt that you could not change that, what would you do? Would you quit your job? Run your credit cards up to the limit? Spend every minute possible with your family? Get on the next plane to Tahiti?

Imagine what panic and total chaos it would cause if it became publicly known that Manhattan would be leveled in a nuclear blast in six weeks and it could not be stopped.

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.