FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes (Page 19)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Heroes
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't pinpoint it really, Lisa.

I watched up until the FINAL episode of last season, and then just kinda lost heart for it.

I was actually home, and with the TV, and thought "Heroes is on!" and then thought "do I really want to see it?" and the answer was no. So I just didn't turn the TV on.

And it's the kind of show that if you miss one or two, it is hard to figure out what is going on. I could look at the episodes here online even, but just lost my desire to know what happens to those characters.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
The actress who plays the cheerleader is 17 but the character is 16, I think.

I would put Nathan in his early 30's and Peter in his late 20's. I don't think Nathan is Claire's dad.

I think we were supposed to think that Hiro and Ando were going to meet Linderman, but that it tunred out to be Hiro's dad. I would be very surprised if Hiro's dad was Linderman.

When does Wireless show up?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
I haven't seen Lost. Some people have recommended it but I've been avoiding starting too many new shows. I'll keep in mind that it moves slowly. I was tempted, though, because Mira Furlan is supposedly a recurring character and I loved her in Babylon 5.

Lost is awesome if you watch it by the season. I just started it in November, and I don't have the complaints that people do who were watching it all along. Now that I'm caught up and get to see only one episode a week, I may have more issues with it.

As for Heroes, I really enjoyed this week. The plot is moving as quickly as could be expected for the number of characters, and it doesn't yet feel to me like there are too many characters. Although I could really do with a lot less Mohinder. He's such a stereotypical scientist character.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - WHO deleted a post and made mine jump to TOPP?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought Claire was 16 too until yesterday. That's why I remember it so clearly, because it surprised the heck out of me when they said she was 15.5. Anyway, at the moment Wikipedia says 15...but I'd prefer to use my memory as the source since apparently it said something else a few minutes ago!

As for Nathan, I said I thought he was in his mid-thirties. I was thinking 35. Certainly, his life experiences could easily put him at that age...he's been to college, law school, served in the military, and spent a number of years working for the DA. We also know that he is married and has two children. I have trouble imaging a man like that marrying and starting a family before he finished college, military, and law school. His oldest child looked to me to be about 6.

All we know about Peter is that he is younger, not how much younger. Nathan always impressed me as looking and acting much older than Peter.

Aside from age (which, granted, if it turns out Nathan is 30 then the rest of this isn't going to matter) here are the reasons I thought of Nathan:

1. He would want to hide an illegitimate child.
2. Claire is in New York in Peter's visions.
3. The teaser at the end implied that somehow we would know Claire's father.
4. Claire's father can't be any of the black or ethnic characters. (ruling our the Japanese characters, Mohinder, Niki's husband (can't remember his name), and the LA cop)

Given the premise that we somehow know Claire's father, the only other options I could even see are:

1. Nathan and Peter's father.
2. Claire's adoptive father could be her real father.
3. The invisible guy.

Isaac is probably too young.

Anyway, I think I've analyzed this enough! We'll see next week. [Smile]

[ January 30, 2007, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Christine ]

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

theCrowsWife: I've found a lot of series are better when I order them in bulk from Netflix. I'm not a patient person and it's much easier for me to watch 4 at a time!
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched last night's episode. It felt soap-operaish. Short scenes. A lot of lamenting, and nobody said anything worth listening to. These people aren't noble enough for me to suffer their kvetching. I think that D.L. is a bad actor, and the only storyline that I think is being handled well, pacing-wise, is Peter and the teacher. Everything else feels drawn out.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"3. The teaser at the end implied that somehow we would know Claire's father."

They implied that with her mother as well.

And besides... Claires biological father is Mr. Bennett. He had an affair with the woman he was studying (Claire's mom) who while he was studying her, her powers got out of control and set fire to the building.

Her mom thought Claire had died, and Mr. Bennett let her believe that as a way of getting her out of his life, but discovered that she in fact did live. He covered up the accident for secrecy reasons as well as to put her into a different life as well.

Wee!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfJR_PHE5gU

Freeze at 26 seconds on the hand. View the ring and the watch. Does anyone recognize them?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

I'm afraid I'm no good at visual details like that. But you could be right...well, obviously since that was on my list of alternative theories! [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well, its certainly not the Haitian or DL. It is someone who is married, and from my interpretation of watch/ring, has a good deal of money. Oh, and owns a pink shirt.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well there's a wedding ring. Which to me either suggests Nathan, Matt Parkman, or Mr. Bennet. Seeing as how it's already in Texas, that suggests to me it's actually been Mr. Bennet the whole time.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mr. Bennet has the power to suppress other powers and is actually Claire's biological father after all.
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Well there's a wedding ring. Which to me either suggests Nathan, Matt Parkman, or Mr. Bennet. Seeing as how it's already in Texas, that suggests to me it's actually been Mr. Bennet the whole time.

Its definitely no Matt, the build and dress don't match. Plus, he wears a watch with a black band.

If its someone we already know, my money is on Nathan.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

It's not Matt. For one thing, I think he is in his 20's. For another, he just doesn't look like he could have fathered a blond haired blue eyed daughter. [Smile]

I had Mr. Bennett in the back of my mind and I have to admit, I am now thinking he may be more probable than Nathan. But in my mind, it has got to be one or the other.

Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfJR_PHE5gU

Freeze at 26 seconds on the hand. View the ring and the watch. Does anyone recognize them?

I did the same thing last night, and since I have all the episodes on my computer, (NBC has them available on their website) I loaded up Episode 1 to take a good look at Nathan.

Nathan did not have ANY wedding ring on, but had the exact same watch as the one shown in the Episode 14 preview. In a later episode I saw the exact same ring on him but no watch.

So while not exactly 100% sure on Nathan, I would say he is a good bet.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan's penchant for extramarital affairs has already been setup as he shacked up with Jessica previously, (not to mention he was quite non nonchalant about it, indicating he was not new to it.)

It would not be surprising to find out he had illegitimate children, but I am surprised he would run for public office if that were the case. Then again perhaps he believed the report that said they both died in a fire.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yeah, but they also made a special point to say that Nathan only cheated on his wife because she's paraplegic, and he isn't getting the good loving lately (which is a fairly recent occurence). Their children are also pretty young, which means if Nathan IS the father, it's a good bet that it happened before he was even married to his current wife.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Seatarsprayan:
I think Mr. Bennet has the power to suppress other powers and is actually Claire's biological father after all.

And I think we're going to find out that he can supress powers in the next episode. Because the Haitian isn't there, and I bet Sylar won't be able to do a thing.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

It's funny... they did say that Claire and Peter are definitely not siblings. But they never said that Peter couldn't be Claire's uncle.

Now I'm torn between Nathan and HRG as well.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was a good episode. Not really anything too special, but good. There were a few moments where I went "Oho!" like with Claire's mom being a pyro. That was pretty sweet.

I have to admit, when Peter disappeared in his apartment, I thought he'd flown. Shows what I know.

Has the invisible guy given Peter any reason to believe that he's a "teacher"? I mean, in his dream, the guy is laughing while Peter blows up. The guy just seems very shady, and Peter is doing his whole crazy 'I wanna know about my powers no matter what the cost!' type deal again. Oh well.

I do hope the show speeds up a bit. I'd like just a tad more resolution and less buildup. I'd like to see them actually be heroic every once in a while. But that's just me.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Compared to the pace of LOST, I feel like it's flying along.

And from the preview for next week, it certainly didn't look like Mr. Bennet was doing a whole lot to stop him, but it'll be nice to have that tidbit settled next week.

Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I've suspected for a while that Claire's adoptive father is her real one.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Eden = Sarah Ellis from L.A. = Me. weird.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
really dont think he can surpress powers,
he failed to stop Nathan before he flew away
Next episode's preview showed Mr Bennet being thrown into the cell wall. Maybe Sylar used his arms to throw him, but that does not really mesh.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

I thought the Haitian was suppressing powers, although that doesn't work either because of Nathan flying away. Hmmmm...someone or something is suppressing powers! [Smile]
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
If you think Heroes moves slow, you must HATE LOST. I don't plan to watch LOST when it comes back on, but Heroes is awesome and fulfilling in comparison. Every week we get some questions answered, and next week looks like no exception.

The question now is: Who is Claire's father? And how awesome is it that her mother has pyrokinesis? I like that we're seeing some new characters crop up, and I too would be perfectly satisfied to see the Niki plotline die a quick and humane death, but it's worth it for the lines I like.

The design on Hiro's sword is no longer believed to be an RNA symbol, but rather a Japanese character that means "special" or something like that. And I don't like the idea of his ability needing to be linked to the sword either, but I think the whole thing is in his head.

I like Peter's new journey to be able to control his power, and that Nathan and Mohinder have teamed up.

I watch 24 too, but never during the regular season. I can't stand waiting from week to week.

Interesting you mention Lost. I think they've made some big time errors. They really took the wrong lessons from last seasons sharp ratings decline when they showed reruns and decided to simply throw in a new series and hope it could hop onto the interest that Lost generated in it's own fans. Unfortunately they were wrong, daybreak, or whatever it was called crashed and burned (though I thought it was decent), and with lost departing the scene for essentially 3 months, they will shed quite a few viewers when they come back. That move was a slap in the face of loyal viewers already annoyed with a third season that appeared slower, and more annoying then the uneven second. Just a terrible network, needless to say.

As for Heroes, I remain loyal even though they killed off one of my fav characters (the Texan waitress), and my early guess on Claire's father is also Petrelli, though for a more basic reason. To put it simply, the arm they showed had a very expensive watch, and the kind of fake casual dress shirt that politicians sometimes wear (the kind of shirts that give off a formal, and yet also friendly vibe, to potential voters).

Agree on the general complaints on the show. A few weeks ago it appeared they'd clued in to the problem of too many characters, and were minimizing the issue by focusing episodes on only a portion of the cast for a few weeks. This made sense. In doing that, they were able to keep the show interesting, and enriching, rather than seeming to just briefly touch on each and every freaking characters storyline, all a million of them. Now its back to touching on all the characters, and like the rest of you, i think it's hurting the pacing and the show in general, and like many of you the biggest problem is Ali Larter's character in my view. It's bad enough that they really haven't made that storyline particularly interesting, but even worse, in Larter, one of their major signings for the series, they've gotten a very uneven performance. I saw Francie Swift due a split personality role for Law and Order twelve years ago, and it was a tremendously nuanced, and yet simple, and flowing, believable performance. Larter simply hasn't been able to put it together, her work is making it look practically soap opera-esque and killing fan interest in her aspect of the storyline, and the writers aren't helping her much either. Hopefully the new actress brought in to play the psychiatrist will help but I tend to doubt it.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

graywolf -- I'm so with you on the multiple personalities thing. I've been bored with the storyline from the start and as time goes on, I am growing even more wary of it. I don't see a real connection to the main storyline happening anytime soon and I'm not even sure I want it to connect. Both Niki and Jessie are unsympathetic characters. I don't know about the acting -- sometimes it's hard to separate the acting and the writing. I don't thinks she's doing bad with the material. Then again, I tend to think that good writing will overcome bad acting whereas good acting has no hope of overcoming bad writing.

I enjoy the series by pretending that part doesn't exist. [Smile]

Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
I was mildly interested back when she was having the blackouts and we didn't know for sure why. But I don't really like her character, whether it's the acting or the writing. I'd much rather they'd kept the waitress and dumped the Nikki storyline.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But I don't really like her character, whether it's the acting or the writing. I'd much rather they'd kept the waitress and dumped the Nikki storyline.
I agree! I was so disappointed when Charly only lasted two episodes. She had potential.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
The family problems with Claire and her father are interesting and thought provoking. There's real tension, and they're both likable, yet flawed characters.

Nikki has very little going for her, and the multiple personalities is an old plot device. The rest of her family aren't real likable either, so I just don't care so much what happens to them.

Add the fact that they seem to have zero to do with the main story arc, and I wonder why they're even there. Seems like a waste of time to me. I just want them to get back to Claire, Peter, or Hiro.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
graywolf -- I'm so with you on the multiple personalities thing. I've been bored with the storyline from the start and as time goes on, I am growing even more wary of it. I don't see a real connection to the main storyline happening anytime soon and I'm not even sure I want it to connect. Both Niki and Jessie are unsympathetic characters. I don't know about the acting -- sometimes it's hard to separate the acting and the writing. I don't thinks she's doing bad with the material. Then again, I tend to think that good writing will overcome bad acting whereas good acting has no hope of overcoming bad writing.

I enjoy the series by pretending that part doesn't exist. [Smile]

I don't know, I have rarely seen people do the whole "split personality thing" effectively other than Francie in that Law and Order episode "Switch" from 1995, and of course Edward Norton in Primal Fear. Generally it's poorly done, and Ali is no different. The dialogue may not help, but she's never convincing in her transitions from sister to sister personality. The saving grace is that she's a film actress by trade, unlike most of the rest of the cast, and my guess is that she'll be among the first to leave the show, at least on a temporary basis.

I agree with you on the connection to the show as a whole as well. They are the three characters that really haven't linked up much at all in any sense with the main group other than the car accident incident and their plot line doesn't fit in well, but maybe they are there to represent "gray"? Whereas a lot of the other characters are drawn as outright evil or good, with the exception of Claire's dad, that family is a mess, maybe they are there to show not just a dark side in the sense that powers might not only lead you to be a hero, or a villain, but that they can also simply make a bad situation even worse if you don't harness them? No clue. But I do agree that they are the weakest link in the story, and you can also see the connection (very much there as expressed in their ew interview/story from 3 months ago) between the creators and Lost, even to the extent of unfortunate pacing which has been a problem all season.

Still, inspite of all my complaints, I do really enjoy it. I mean, would you rather watch the latest Brad Garrett vehicle, or some reality tv drivel, or the latest example of how David Spade murders the concept of comedy? Nope, no thank you, and this show, while inconsistent, is still a pleasure for the most part to watch.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:
quote:
But I don't really like her character, whether it's the acting or the writing. I'd much rather they'd kept the waitress and dumped the Nikki storyline.
I agree! I was so disappointed when Charly only lasted two episodes. She had potential.
No doubt, charming, sweet, disarming and fun character that would have been a nice blend with the Hiro contingent. Why they'd kill her off, and drag the dead weight that is the Ali Larter storyline I have no idea. I guess they still aren't aware that Larter's "Final Destination Drawing Power" isn't responsible for the show's popularity.

I read in an ew interview, sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere in here, that the main reason they killed off charlie, was that they needed to show that Hiro wasn't going to basically be a human "delete" button, who could go back in time and fix whatever went awry anytime something ever went awry. Still, to teach Hiro that lesson with that character seemed particularly cruel, there are inumerable characters I wouldn't have been crushed to see die by that head dicing via soup can skill Skylar has, but Charlie was never one of them. When i saw that hiro was going back in time to help her, I kept the hope alive, but alas, they killed her off [Frown] .

EKR
Member # 9545

- posted      Profile for EKR   Email EKR         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems Peter is becoming a little obsessed with his powers.... He just reminds me of young Anakin before he's taken by the dark side.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
To the people who are complaining that the show is too slow again I say: Live with it.

I think it is planned that way. If you start out at a high energy level it is almost impossible to maintian it for a whole 22 episodes with out doing a 24. If you start slow, build each week and then have a heart thumping conclusion, people will go for it. They did that with the first 11 episodes.

I told my son that he should not expect the series to come back with a bang, but to start slow again. This gives us time to get a feel for the characters and then, when bad things happen, we feel for them more.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

quote:
Still, inspite of all my complaints, I do really enjoy it. I mean, would you rather watch the latest Brad Garrett vehicle, or some reality tv drivel, or the latest example of how David Spade murders the concept of comedy? Nope, no thank you, and this show, while inconsistent, is still a pleasure for the most part to watch.
If I wasn't watching Heroes on Monday nights, I wouldn't be watching anything in that time slot. The only reason I'm still watching is to see how the explosion thing gets resolved. I could easily see myself passing on the show once that gets wrapped up.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by graywolfe:
quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:
quote:
No doubt, charming, sweet, disarming and fun character that would have been a nice blend with the Hiro contingent. Why they'd kill her off, and drag the dead weight that is the Ali Larter storyline I have no idea. I guess they still aren't aware that Larter's "Final Destination Drawing Power" isn't responsible for the show's popularity.

I read in an ew interview, sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere in here, that the main reason they killed off charlie, was that they needed to show that Hiro wasn't going to basically be a human "delete" button, who could go back in time and fix whatever went awry anytime something ever went awry. Still, to teach Hiro that lesson with that character seemed particularly cruel, there are inumerable characters I wouldn't have been crushed to see die by that head dicing via soup can skill Skylar has, but Charlie was never one of them. When i saw that hiro was going back in time to help her, I kept the hope alive, but alas, they killed her off [Frown] .

If Hiro hadn't been so emotional invested in saving Charlie, the lesson wouldn't have been so powerful. Hiro and the audience could both keep thinking "but if only he had tried harder", "if only it had been really important", "if only Hiro had really cared", then he could have used his power to change it. As much as I would have like to see the Charlie character continue in the show, I think it was necessary for them to kill off a character that Hiro and the audience cared about in order to clearly demonstrate the limitations of Hiro's power.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
Has the invisible guy given Peter any reason to believe that he's a "teacher"?

Not at first, but he was the first person Peter met who was comfortable with his power and seemed to have it under control. Nathan denies he can fly, Isaac can sometimes paint the future and sometimes not, etc. So here's this older guy who clearly knows what he's doing.

Of course, later on, he says something that makes it clear that he's at least given some help to other mutants.

Lisa
Member # 8384

I'm worried about Nikki's son. He's a kid, and he has no moral compass. He's prime material for future super-villain-hood. Kind of a cute Kilg%re.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I really hope they either get rid of Nikki and her family or give that story a clear direction soon. To me, her story is the weakest part of the show. Its the one part that doesn't seem to be going anywhere or fit with the rest of the show.

Right now, time the spent on Nikki is distracting. Her story has no clear connection to the rest of the Heroes so spending time on her adds to the whole soap opera flavor.

This show has so much potential that I'd hate to see it go down the tubes like some many others have. The biggest danger is that they have so many characters that they don't have enough time to develop them deeply enough and fast enough to keep viewers watching.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Sweeps is coming up.

I expect we'll see some fight scenes soon.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Within 3.5 hours Claire's fathers identity will be general knowledge [Big Grin]

Pretty excited about tonights episode.

Lisa: Remember our brief comments on Roswell? Tiffany (Mrs. BlackBlade) after watching season 1 (my parents let her borrow it) decided she only wanted seasons 2 and 3 for her birthday and nothing else. On the one hand she has something to do while I am gone at school/work, on the other she watches it while I am home and not at school/work and I get to hear the theme song over and over and over and over and over.

My only response was to purchase external sound dampening headphones to block out the show while I do my own thing. The downside is when she talks to me I can rarely understand what she says the first time its said.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Before its too late, I'm going to make one last prediction for the identity of Claire's father. I'm betting that its Linderman and that tonights episode we will finally meet Linderman and find out how he is connected.

On a less prescient note. I certainly hope that Claire's father is either someone we already know or know about because we really don't need any more multiplication of characters right now.

Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
My problem with the Nikki/Jessica storyline is that these are reputedly smart people inventing conflict where there shouldn't be any. I mean, OBVIOUSLY, Jessica should not be let out of jail. OBVIOUSLY. The husband knows it, the son knows it, Nikki knows it, everybody knows it. And yet, there's this conflict about "my son needs me" and "I can't do this alone" and "I miss Mom" and blah blah blah, when seriously, no matter how much you miss her, if your mom's split personality tried to murder your dad, and successfully murdered several other people besides, then DUH, she needs to be in jail. Period.

It's like the last episode of Studio 60, where Matt tells Tom to tell the ONE gigantic, obviously-wrong sitcom-level lie that is going to get him in huge trouble, and he falls for it. I lost so much faith in the show because of that. I'm sick of TV characters inventing stupid conflicts for themselves when there are so many real, convincing struggles they could go through.

I wish more people would take a cue from Joss Whedon, kick the lame plot device into the engine, and move on to the next one [Smile]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Whew boy. The Nathan voters won.

Big advances for Peter, Niki is free.

I missed it, but how did Syler escape? Does this mean no powers for Bennett?

Christine
Member # 8594

Ha! I was right! You guys had me second guessing for a while but I was right...it was NATHAN!

And he is obviously in his mid-thirties, not in his twenties. [Smile]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I was right about nathan. But wasn't someone supposed to die in this episode?
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Looks like Matt Parkman might bite it next week, unless he handles being tossed out a window from whatever floor well.
Member # 5108

quote:
Originally posted by Puppy:

It's like the last episode of Studio 60, where Matt tells Tom to tell the ONE gigantic, obviously-wrong sitcom-level lie that is going to get him in huge trouble, and he falls for it. I lost so much faith in the show because of that. I'm sick of TV characters inventing stupid conflicts for themselves when there are so many real, convincing struggles they could go through.

Emphatically seconded.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Peter sort of die but then come back? I mean you could sort of call that a technicality, one of those cheap cop-outs. Still I love me some Heroes.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  32  33  34   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.