Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Random musings. (Page 21)

This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: Random musings.
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the one thousandth poster. Good thing I stutter,eh?
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
Exploit!
Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow I feel the sanctity of Random Musings has been violated.

Do you others feel violated?

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel violated. You'd better not have passed me up in my ratings with that stunt mister.
Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm the one thousandth poster. Good thing I stutter,eh?

Not if I delete your duplicate posts.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, if you did that, you would post 1000 Kathleen.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that would be ironic, wouldn't it? (If not ironic, then something.)

Edited to add: sometimes just having the power is enough. It isn't necessary to do anything more.

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited July 11, 2009).]

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

The ability to destroy planets is insignificant compared to the power of the forum mod.
Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
So do we let this die or go for two thousand?
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the record yet?
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Sounds like sore loser talk to me...
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

I like this thread, and I don't want to see it die, just because it's huge. I don't have anywhere else to go and say random things. In my world, everything I say has to mean something. This is extremely cathartic.
Melanie

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Besides if it gets to forty pages it may cause hatrack to burst...as it won't fit on the listing page.
Natej11
Member # 8547

Your random thoughts asploded the internets?
Unwritten
Member # 7960

I just peeked over at the other forum--the one about all things OSC, and the biggest thread I saw there was 67 pages, and nothing exploded, so I think we're all safe.

So, if you could all stop worrying about the fate of the internet and get back to being random, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Melanie

Unwritten
Member # 7960

Not that I'm comparing sizes or anything, but 67 pages. Come on! We can beat that.
Natej11
Member # 8547

I bet Skadder could beat it in like 5 minutes.
DWD
Member # 8649

- posted      Profile for DWD   Email DWD         Edit/Delete Post 
My right foot is about 1/4" longer than my left foot.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaz
Member # 7968

- posted      Profile for Kaz   Email Kaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Compared with some of the spam threads I've seen on certain anime boards this thread is doing rather poorly. Forward, then!
Posts: 72 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayazman
Member # 2818

- posted      Profile for jayazman   Email jayazman         Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the birds up in the sky
I'd rather be a duck.
So I could fly along the beach
and watch the people...
play volleyball.

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
The longest thread I remember from my fanfic forum days was one where we all posted parts of a lengthy poem, with lines that ended in "-ain" or some soundalike equivalent. (In those days, it was one of those fora that let you post a new title with each and every post.) I don't remember how many lines we had, but it went on for months and months---there are a lot of "-ain" words.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind Mexican music, but I'd prefer the neighbors didn't play it from the stereo of a parked car.

On the other hand, it's easier to tolerate than the blare of passing trains.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

My neighbors set off firecrackers on the Fourth...it was easy to deal with this year, 'cause right now I get up before the sun goes down (alas!) and am up and out while it's going on.

Harder to take are his raucous New Year's parties...I've got a rare day off, and am trying to sleep at night for a refreshing change...they're yelling "Happy New Year!" at midnight and then singing on karaoke machines until four or five.

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
That’s why the Gods invented the Colt .45, it fixes noisy neighbors in the blink of an eye.
I know from experience.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennywinnie
Member # 8510

- posted      Profile for Jennywinnie   Email Jennywinnie         Edit/Delete Post 
My infant gets the wierdest lint stuck under her neck. I hope this won't be a life long habit.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

Dilbert invented a machine to turn pocket lint into a valuable parsley substitute. He could probably help.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I mowed the lawn this morning and helped install a new dishwasher this afternoon. This ate up all my free time today and I didn't get any writing done. (Laundry, either---the water was off most of the time.)
Unwritten
Member # 7960

I am going to have company for the next week, so gear up for lots of random comments from me. I'll be needing to let some pressure off so I don't explode...and I can't make the comments on facebook, for obvious reasons.
Unwritten
Member # 7960

Eeks! They're early!
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
You know I think I have figured out the meaning of the life of a mortal.

The only real mission of a mortal is to reproduce and raise their young.

As for Immortals such as I we just do what we want and death matters not for we just come right back.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

Sounds like you're starting to feel like your old self.
Welcome back.

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Yea I quit taking those damn anti cooko pills a week ago. Most of it is leaving my system thank the Gods.

You know being in a nut house is like being trapped in the movie One Flew Over The Cooko’s Nest. I was like god old Jack, I was the most sane one there. of cores that was a month ago. Man how time flies when one is chemically Lobotomized.

RFW2nd

Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
In the land of the random the shoelaced one is queen.

I've got a huge stress related cold sore that just showed up today.

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I packed one box today and my one and a half year old threw about 8 temper tantrums today. 8-1, I am definetly losing.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Bad business, cold sores. People jump to the wrong conclusions.
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

hay i googled my screan name andgot many hits and most of the first page was me.

you all should try googling you screan names.

RFW2nd

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

i just got this in an e-mail from a friend and found it F!@#$%^ Awesome.

http://g4tv.com/videos/39887/Behind-The-Pulse-Jet-Engine/

RFW2nd

Unwritten
Member # 7960

I really want to read the withholding vs. telling section of open discussions, but with all my company I don't have time! My dad really just needs a phone with internet access, because he wants to spend his whole day on my computer.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I do that all the time...they call it "ego-searching," I think. Apparently I've left more footprints in the sands of time than I realized.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Speaking of egos and searching...I just spent a little time trying to track down whether one Douglas Elmendorf, in the news lately as head of the Congressional Budget Office, is the Doug Elmendorf I went to school with lo! those many years ago.

Tentative maybe. I can't find age or date of birth yet (they must be around somewhere)...if the picture is any guide, it does look like the kid I remember.

Still searching for a definite maybe.

Vaguely pleased that somebody I went to school with became kinda prominent...kinda testy that it wasn't me.

jayazman
Member # 2818

- posted      Profile for jayazman   Email jayazman         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Robert.
Do you really want everyone watching you all the time and scrutinizing your every move? I am happy to live the undiscovered life. It's also another reason I would rather be an author than a movie star. Authors don't get nearly the sight recognition that actors do. I bet even OSC could go to the mall anywhere in the US and most people, even OSC fans, wouldn't recognize him.
Would you really want such a prominent position?

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

I start appearing on page 7 of Google results for "aspirit" but... sheesh, on the first page if I use a form of my real name. Interesting.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corky
Member # 2714

- posted      Profile for Corky   Email Corky         Edit/Delete Post 
I have decided that there has to be another form of SAD(seasonal affective disorder) but I don't know what it should be called. It's when people (like me) who like short winter days and any kind of cloudy day get depressed by hot, sunny days.

Any suggestions? Maybe SSAD (summer seasonal affective disorder)?

I am feeling quite depressed by all the heat and sunshine we're having lately (guess there's no way I could live in Australia).

Posts: 603 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitti
Member # 7277

- posted      Profile for Kitti   Email Kitti         Edit/Delete Post 
I KNOW THAT FEELING!! When I was in Southern California, every time I saw I cloud I busted out my camera and started snapping pictures. And when it rained, I did a happy dance, then went hiking. :-)
Posts: 715 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

I'm the same way. I noticed because I have a friend who gets super depressed in the winter, and we passed in the spring--I was going down and she was going up. It's pretty mild though. If you figure out what it's called, let me know.

[This message has been edited by Unwritten (edited July 18, 2009).]

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

Winter is my faverit time of the year for many reasons, its cold, there is snow, means breeding season is around the corner, and the Full Moon is always more beauteful in the winter.

then ther is spring with all the pretty colors and pups are born in the spring and also pray is abundent and easer to catch.

then there is fall when the leaves are turning and the pups are old egnough to hunt.

the only seson i realy dont like is summer because its too damn hot. and i hate the heat. especialy here in WSMR NM.

it was 102 today.

RFW2nd

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Well, I was hoping to at least be a professionally published writer by now...I'd settle for that level of notoriety, even now. (By the way, I'm ninety-nine percent sure it is the Doug Elmendorf I knew way back when...I haven't tracked it down, but my father tells me he spotted a place-of-birth, his-and-my-hometown, which clinches it for me.)

In a way, it's very depressing. Here he made something of his life, and now moves among and talks with the powerful and the rich and the intelligent...last night at work I got stuck with a partner who can't handle a simple job but yet can thoroughly disrupt my handling of my job.

(Actually, Doug Elmendorf was one smart cookie even back when I knew him. I'm not surprised he went on to the Ivy League and the Congressional Budget Office. And I don't think I could have done that if I'd'a gone to Harvard.)

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Not impressed at the energy going into this topic. In fact, it's fairly lame. So, why am I adding to it?

Dunno.

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

Mike, how about you add more energy?

Corky and others, it's often called summer-onset SAD, compared to winter-onset SAD. I thought I had it, before realizing the irritability and lethargy I feel in summer also occurs in other seasons if my body temperature is too high.

Corky
Member # 2714

- posted      Profile for Corky   Email Corky         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, aspirit, my body temperature, at least on the outside, is certainly high enough. I have to keep washing my face because the sweat dripping into my eyes stings like crazy.

Anyway, it certainly is heat related. I don't want to do anything. I want to quit my job and everything else I'm supposed to be doing. I just want to curl up in the darkest part of my basement and hide. Yuck!

Posts: 603 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.