Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Random musings. (Page 20)

This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: Random musings.
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave up at 43 minutes and 56 seconds.

edited to say: But it was SO worth it that I get to be here on the top of page 20. Do I get a prize? Some tech support would be nice.
Melanie

[This message has been edited by Unwritten (edited July 02, 2009).]

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
I will support you in your quest for a prize for being at the top of page 20. However, someone can still edit a few of their posts and kick you off of that perch.

I lost 17 minutes of my life Tuesday calling on a customer service call. I gave up and called sales. The lady got me right in to a customer service person. Didn't know how that happened, but I'm am highly likely to use that device again.

Random: I miss my kids (who are all grown up) getting excited about the 4th of July so they can light fireworks. When I was little we got excited about cap pistols. The days of kids playing cowboy with guns and vests and cowboy hats... are they long gone?

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Unwritten, I believe you are secure in your perch - the pages are determined by the number of posts, not by their length.

No, Skadder, I wasn't there, but I did hear that the L.A. Police department was suspecting foul play. They have decided to devote extra man-hours into finding a key piece of evidence. Apparently, one of Michael's gloves was missing.

The F.B.I. has even dispatched a young top-notch female agent to the case. She intends to visit O.J. Simpson in prison and devolop a psychological profile of the possible killer.

If the glove doesn't fit...

Speaking of rumors - did anyone hear how Brittney Spears and George Clooney were falsely rumored to have died this week?

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
In order to not disrupt the Non-Random thread, I will comment on the volcano - I failed to mention they went to New Zealand first.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
You can rob a bank with a squirt gun, but it does little good in the shootout that follows.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
This morning, they were reporting that Michael Jackson will be buried in the same coffin James Brown used.

What, did they dig up James Brown just so Michael Jackson could use his coffin?

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent part of yesterday trying to find Friday's issue of USA Today. I buy it over-the-counter, 'cause when you subscribe it comes by mail, and my mail comes too late in the day for me to get it and read it.

The first place, the supermarket I shopped at, didn't have it. The second place, a convenience store, didn't have it. The third place had the paper from the day before.

Between the second and third places, it dawned on me...maybe they're not publishing because the July Fourth holiday was the next day, that they're kicking it back a day and taking time off. Sure enough, the "day before" paper confirmed it on the front page. I hadn't noticed, and it hadn't occurred to me before that...I'm used to them doing that on Monday holidays but not this.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Fourth of July
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

Happy Independence Day to all US citizens!

Happy Canada Day to all you Canadians!

Happy American Rebellion Day to everyone in England!

For everyone else, enjoy the day, whether it's today or tomorrow where you live!

satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
You just had to be politically correct didn't you Phil?
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

Nah, just didn't want anyone to feel left out.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

The Phillipines got their independence on July Fourth, but later moved it to the declaration date of Aguinaldo's republic. You see, the overseas embassies held their Independence Day coctail parties on the same day, but everybody went to the one at the US embassy...
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Happy American Rebellion Day to everyone in England!

I thought they called it Yankee Temper Tantrum Day over there?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they call it "France Mind Your Own Damn Business Day."
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

Oh? Are they mad because they gave us a statue for our birthday? Geez, the brits are supposed to be our friends and we don't even get a phone call.

[This message has been edited by snapper (edited July 05, 2009).]

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Ehh. They're "Freedom Fries" now. Now, you can let the grudge go.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I gave up buying Bic pens until Sarkozy was elected...
jayazman
Member # 2818

- posted      Profile for jayazman   Email jayazman         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been trying to trip boxes. Anyone know how to do it?
Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
It would have to be one of those star wars boxes that walk, then you just put out a little tripwire. I guess you could also have someone be on all fours behind one and push it. I don't know if that constitutes "tripping" though.

There's a bug on your shoe!

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Today I cut the lawn!
snapper
Member # 7299

Did you Robert? Getting a little hairy down there, huh?

Or were you talking about the grass?

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Well, I got more than I bargained for while mowing. After weedwhacking, I was mowing the front lawn, made a left turn---these John Deere models spit grass to the left and you have to cut that way to get all the bits and pieces---anyway, when I made the left turn, the right back wheel came off.

Took me and my father (strictly speaking, mostly my father) about an hour and a half to get the wheel mechanism off, get one off an old lawnmower, and put that back on so I could carry on.

And it was thick. That's it for letting it go every two weeks---that's okay for weedwhacking but the grass is growing too much. Every week from now on, unless it's raining or the lawn is flooded...

aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
My parents-in-law bought me a lawn mower, and I was supposed to receive it a month ago, around my birthday. I'm still waiting. To add frustration to annoyance, Code Enforcement sent a letter saying they're coming through my neighborhood soon. Every day, I wonder whether to continue waiting or hire a neighborhood kid to cut the lawn. The only decision I've made is to not water the lawn until I own a mower. That way, the grass might not grow tall enough to break code.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I'd hire somebody, but I'm not crazy about having some stranger hanging around my house. Also I'm cheap, and if I can't do it myself, or get somebody in my family to do it, I'll let it hang loose for awhile. I can do the lawn...provided the lawn mower holds out.
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Sloppy Joes on Onion Bread!
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

Banquet pot pies in the microwave
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

My nine-year-old daughter broke her wrist tonight. But, she beat up a house in the process.

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited July 08, 2009).]

Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this thread grows so inevitably large it crashes the site or, if we're really ambitious, the whole internet.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

The North Koreans were trying to do that over the July Fourth holiday.
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh North Koreans ... I sometimes wonder if they're more starved for attention than for food.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DWD
Member # 8649

- posted      Profile for DWD   Email DWD         Edit/Delete Post 
LA certainly isn't starved for attention now.

Seems nobody really considered how much the MJ memorial would cost the city ($4M). One city councilwoman says--I'm not making this up--the event should be considered a "city emergency" and thus qualifies for funding from the city's emergency budget.

There's never a drummer around when you need a rim shot.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Somebody over the past week said that LA was budgeted for four big unscheduled events this year, and that this would fall under that.

If they're that broke, I'd hate to think what they'd do if they had another earthquake...

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

When they have another earthquake...
DWD
Member # 8649

- posted      Profile for DWD   Email DWD         Edit/Delete Post 
It's reported they are $300M+ in the red.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Hey, you! There's nothing you can do, because the wolverine's are gonna stomp on you!

Holla!

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayazman
Member # 2818

- posted      Profile for jayazman   Email jayazman         Edit/Delete Post 
Of all the fish down in the sea,
I'd rather be a bass,
so I could climb up on a rock,
and slide down on my...
hands and knees.

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

quote:
Hey! Hey, you! There's nothing you can do, because the wolverine's are gonna stomp on you!

Maize and blue fan or did you just watch Red Dawn?

snapper
Member # 7299

My Microsoft word programs spell check has quit working. It stopped at the word PITA. I pasted the script, saved it in a RTF file, sent it to myself, nothing works.
Blasted PITA.

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪● =ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited July 10, 2009).]

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

quote:
̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪● =ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

"He tole it wrong...and since when do Irishmen drop their aitches?"

Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got out of bed after spending 95% of the last 4 days in bed asleep and not giving a **** about work. I would go to formations then go right back home and climb back in bed. I actually answered the door when my Platoon Sergeant was knocking on it in my birthday suit today because I didn’t feel like getting dressed again. All he did was say…

“1300 Be at company, ACU’S, bring soft cap, close out formation 1600 motor pool. Don’t be late.”

Now I missed 3 hours of sleep. And cant get back asleep. Looks like I will be drinking all night to night.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

What can you say in reply to that?
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Creeping forward to the magic four digit level.

...being random with my clothes on.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
I do that sometimes.
Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
I
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

I
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

I
skadder
Member # 6757

I
skadder
Member # 6757

I
skadder
Member # 6757

I
  This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.