FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes (Page 9)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Heroes
Verloren
Member # 9771

- posted      Profile for Verloren   Email Verloren         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
quote:
Just wanted to point out that Ikin has a tattoo of the strange symbol, while Niki does not.
When do we discover that?

It's possible that it's just an oversight.

The place it is most obvious (that I've heard of) is when she goes into the elevator with that thug, she clearly does not have the tattoo. Then as she goes back to the hotel room as Ikin, she does.

Here's a link (I think it works even if you aren't a registered member of the board):
http://www.9thwonders.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=16463&hl=tattoo&st=20

Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Niki won't be dead, It would be pretty cold hearted to kill her right in front of her son.

I think I remember something in the opening monologue about how the next step of evolution is not always pretty, in fact it is sometimes pretty ugly. I think they are showing the ugly stuff Niki is going through until she is fully evolved. Now that she knows what she can do, maybe she will start learning to control it, merge the personalities together.

Thought Last night was pretty slow, hopefully it picks up next week, but I'm hooked so I'll keep watching.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I really feel that there is certainly the IMPRESSION that Niki is now dead. But perhaps not, I don't think her husband intended to kill her, merely incapacitate her and take off with the money/son.

I think Hiro was interrupted by Ando and the door cracking before he could focus enough to stop time.

Those weren't Claire's biological parents, it was pretty clear as her dad saw the parents off that it was staged.

The police are supposedly parked just outside Niki's house, how can her husband just drive out of there with the money and her son?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
The police said they were leaving that morning so they should be gone.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyone care to explain why Ikin didn't just use the 2 million to pay off her debt and send Micah to school?
That's just the kind of plot whole that nags.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's just the kind of plot whole that nags.
It is only a plot hole if you assume you know Ikin's motives and goals.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
This Ikin seems to be an evil character, while the father is now the positive figure.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have to agree. Obviously Ikin doesn't have Niki's best interests at heart, regardless of what she says, otherwise she never would have ensured that DL went to jail in the first place, she wouldn't be going on murderous rampages, and she wouldn't hide money in their crawlspace.

She claims she wants the best for Niki and Micah, but I don't buy it. We don't know her agenda yet.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Next Episode SPOILER about Niki...
Found this on TV.com about the upcoming episode. just thought I'd share. I didn't think she was finished but wasn't sure. If this is accurate than it woiuld seem that she was only stunned at the end of last episode.

quote:
Next episode: Nothing To Lose
Niki opens up to a friend when her son becomes the subject of a crisis. Hiro begins to question his heroism after failing to act like a superhero in the face of danger. Nathan and his wife come up with a strategy to win the election. Claire finds out what happened to her missing video tape, and her father gets some surprising news from an associate. Matt and Audrey continue their investigation of the serial killer Sylar.
Airs: Monday November 6, 2006

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
And on the comic book front, if you haven't read this week's comic yet, you should. It seems that Ikin only killed DL's crew when they turned on her.

Ikin seems very primal. As far as she's concerned, any even potential threat to her and/or Micah is to be dealt with lethally. The fact that she framed DL may have something to do with the way his men attacked her.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
It's almost time.

Here's what I'm not clear on - does Niki just have super strength and multiple personality disorder or is Ikin a separate person? If she is, does Niki have super strength?

Best line from last week's episode:

Skethchy Poker Dude: You're going to the bathroom together?
Ando: Yes. That is how we roll.

I'm going to be saying all the time from now on.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm debating whether or not to buy the episodes from iTunes. I haven't seen any of them. Is it worth it?
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I say that all the time.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
I'm debating whether or not to buy the episodes from iTunes. I haven't seen any of them. Is it worth it?

Not when you can watch them for free on NBC.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
But can I watch the old ones? It seems like the type of show you have to have watched the whole way. I would buy the episodes up to the current one then watch them on the telly.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
I only started watching a couple of episodes a go and got caught up via iTunes and it didnt really phase me too much, but better if you watch linear to get the flow of the story right??? But that's just me. [Big Grin]
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Go to the NBC site now, and see how many episodes back you can watch, and get the ones that are missing then. It should go back at least three episodes. It is definetely worth it.

I'm starting to get a little thrown by the coincidences that are bringing them together, but considering time constraints, SOMETHING has to bring them together, so I think it falls within the suspension of disbelief.

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I watched all the eps so far this weekend and I'm hooked. I don't have a TV though, so I have to wait until tomorrow to watch tonight's. My roommate and I can't wait.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I was wrong about Niki.

Does anyone else think that the show is really starting to sound like a comic book? Curies?

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Isn't it supposed to be?
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's supposed to be like a comic book, probably why there are so many comic book references.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I think nbc.com HAS a comic book for the show on the show's page...
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

So Ikin is actually named Jessica.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

And how much do you want to bet that it's going to turn out that Jessica was her stillborn twin, or something.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

So she absorbed the personality and power of her dead twin? Meh, why not.

I can't I'm surprised about Micah, in fact, I'm surprised they didn't show that outright earlier. They foreshadowed it enough.

It's cool that we were introduced to two new people with abilities.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
That'ld be freaky. And ownz0rs! Micah is able to get in tune with electronics and stuff.

Micah is not only extremely perceptive and intelligent not to mention precosis, he can alo manipulate electronics, awesome.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
I've officially decided that my Dad is one of the coolest guys in the history of the world because he calls this show like anything... I don't mean he calls it like he knows what's going to happen, but he just makes good guesses as to what's going to happen with which person doing what next.

The 'kid' - as we call him (yeah, we know the real name: but he's the first we know of that comes from two!!) is great and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Do we know what happened to the wife? How it happened?

Man - Mondays are okay to wake up to now. : ) Work may be cra-azy but getting home is that much more sweet...

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

My roomie and I have speculated about Micah, cool to know he's got an ability. =)
Lisa
Member # 8384

Nathan and Heidi were in a car accident, and Nathan was driving, and Heidi lost the use of her legs. That's all we know.
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
Micah being a technopath is great. I figured it would have something to do with technology since he 'had to build a new motherboard' in the first episode.

Nice!

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

Also, did anyone see the 'mark' that was on Matt Parkman and that human torch guy? It was two lines, almost like a out-of-line equal sign (=).
Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking maybe like tick marks. They have both been captured and released twice. But since we only know for sure that Matt was captured the one time it is only a guess.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
When was the human torch guy captured?

I missed a couple of episodes in there.

And who else thought it was lame that "Their secret is out" translated to "Claire's little brother knows?" Plus, that tiny subplot was all we got to see of Claire, which sucked.

The Petrelli brothers have to be the most boring characters on the show. Followed closely by Isaac.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Micah is a technopath! That is awesome...
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Could they have crammed any more commercials into the episode? What did we get, 30 minutes of show?

What was the big deal about them coming together? We found a car wreck. We helped. We left. That's not together.

I loved Claire's plea to her brother that if her parents knew they wouldn't want her anymore. That got to me.

Peter stepping up to save Nathan at brunch was amazing. I love Peter. And I liked Nathan's point. What's he going to do with his flight? Pull cats out of trees?

I just hope next week we actually get a little plot to go with our suspense.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Technopath? What a great term. I've never heard that before.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I've only ever heard it on Sky High.

The post-Heroes version of the world.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Technopath? What a great term. I've never heard that before.
Back in the 90s, Marvel tried starting a line of comic books based in England. (This because of the success of the Excalibur series) There was Dark Angel, ClanDestine, Killpower and Genetix.

Genetix had a technopath.

The series (heck, the whole line) bombed, as far as I know... they weren't very well written. Except for ClanDestine, and that was written by Chris Claremont.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
The torch guy is the one Silar is going to be after.

I can see torch guy, who is unstable, blowing himself up in NY. They talk about the radiation and the heat. I bet Silar is going to try and use him as a weapon.

That allows Silar to survive past this season and continue on as a villian.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I've only ever heard it on Sky High.

Hee hee me too. I really enjoyed that movie. It was fun.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm guessing that when they're all put together, the marks are going to form a complete DNA helix, suggesting that something will need to combine powers to ultimately save the day. And look, we have a guy who can mimic powers. Wonder if he gets the tattoo when he does, and whether he can absorb more than one at a time...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get to watch last night. [Frown]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Do we think it is a coincidence all the characters are being forced together somehow and Peter just so happens to have the ability to take on the powers of other heroes. Get him together with the cheerleader, Nathan, Hiro, and Niki. Then you have a guy who can fly is indestructible, can stop time and has super strength. We don’t know how long can he keep using their powers?
Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I can definately also see torch guy being the one to blow up NYC. That line was definately foreshadowing.

SC: It seems like right now he can only use their power when he's in physical proximity to them, but we don't know how far he can go with it. He says he can fly, but we haven't actually seen him fly when he's not with Nathan.

Also, speculations on this Linderman character?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Linderman is Sylar.

The painting Isaac drew that's missing was Sylar's face, and when the dude saw it, he knew exactly what it was, so he bought it to prevent anyone from putting two and two together.

Do you think it's just a random coincidence that Linderman happens to enjoy a comic book style piece of art, located on the other side of the country?

Next, we know that Sylar knows Nathan has abilities, who has ties with Linderman. We have Niki/Jessica who Linderman uses to blackmail Nathan.

Linderman definately does have his hand into the super power pool. He has unlimited money and power to track other super hero's down. We haven't seen his face or heard his voice.

My guess, too, is that Linderman killed the Patrelli father as his first kill as Sylar. I mean, two children with abilities, would in the very least suggest that he had powers. Or, in a wierd turn of events, he could BE Linderman.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Do you think it's just a random coincidence that Linderman happens to enjoy a comic book style piece of art, located on the other side of the country?
I was actually waiting for Linderman to get drawn into the other stories. So far he's involved in Nathan, Isaac, and Niki/DL. Sort of also involved with Hiro due to the poker game.

quote:
My guess, too, is that Linderman killed the Patrelli father as his first kill as Sylar. I mean, two children with abilities, would in the very least suggest that he had powers.
In that case, does the mother have powers that we don't know about yet? Both DL and Niki have powers and their son does as well.

I don't know if Linderman is Syler so much as they are definately working together. I was actually thinking that Claire's dad could be Linderman, but who knows.

PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
Linderman is Sylar.

I read this and thought "pshaw.. yer crazy. no way."

But then I read this... and I thought...

"holy crap."

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smiff
The painting Isaac drew that's missing was Sylar's face, and when the dude saw it, he knew exactly what it was, so he bought it to prevent anyone from putting two and two together.

Next, we know that Sylar knows Nathan has abilities, who has ties with Linderman. We have Niki/Jessica who Linderman uses to blackmail Nathan.

Linderman definately does have his hand into the super power pool. He has unlimited money and power to track other super hero's down. We haven't seen his face or heard his voice.

My guess, too, is that Linderman killed the Patrelli father as his first kill as Sylar. I mean, two children with abilities, would in the very least suggest that he had powers. Or, in a wierd turn of events, he could BE Linderman.

Lisa
Member # 8384

I think that Nathan and Peter's father faked his death. And that he is Sylar.
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"I didn't get to watch last night."

You can catch the last episode at http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/?show=heroes.

The Simone weirdness continues. Besides being the connection between Issac and Peter, her dying father had a mental contact to Peter's dream. Micah's inheritance of powers from DL and Niki implies that Simone has imherited powers from her father.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, AvidReader, it would be nice to see a little actual plot develop. At this rate, they're going to have to introduce a hero with a super power for weaving loose plot threads together.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  32  33  34   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.