FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Begging the Question (a game) (Page 189)

This topic comprises 217 pages: 1  2  3  ...  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  ...  215  216  217   
Author Topic: Begging the Question (a game)
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
So what did you get from Wal-Mart??

I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to.

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, did you just make an excuse?

Don't push it.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't I open the door?

Yoda said so.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

What does "Yoda so, said" mean?

This topic off is.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
So, are we done talking like Yoda yet?

People do that.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raventhief
Member # 9002

- posted      Profile for Raventhief   Email Raventhief         Edit/Delete Post 
Are these guys talking like Yoda?

Break time!

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Class, today we are going to effectively dismantle the space-time continuum. We can proceed by destroying the space dimensions or break away the time line. What do you want to see first?

It will come back, eventually.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
If I just deny my problem, will it go away?

And now that I do know it, I will do my best to forget it.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Let's see... Many years ago, you stated a theory that existence only has meaning as long as we are able to look for its meaning. Now, you say that you've discovered its true meaning. What's next?

That makes sense, but not in this World.

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Should I invest in a company that's offering travel in the eighth, ninth, and tenth dimensions?

I'm just telling you what it says on the label...

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
So you seriously think it is a bad idea for me to take my blow dryer in the shower?

That would hurt. A bit.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hate my retainer, would a snaffle bit be a good replacement?

I love it when a plan comes together.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Did you hear about the imminent Armageddon?

That was not the real plan.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

I must say, saving the world from that meteorite by staring at it was really impressive. How long did you have to think about that solution?

Away, away, I tell you. Bones are not amusing.

Sterling
Member # 8096

A skeleton, Dr. McCoy, and an orthopedist walk into a bar- wait, have you heard this one?

I'm not prepared to divulge that information.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Hey, are you or aren’t you the one that is extremely wary about releasing information?

It's all explained in the last book I wrote.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

Your first and only release has left me with some questions. Would you care to throw some light on the issues you raised?

My baby's in love with Eddie Vedder.

suminonA
Member # 8757

What's the most irrelevant fact that makes you overreact?

It took about 3 more seconds than expected.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

How long did it take you to forget all about me?

That cough came with a prize.

Sterling
Member # 8096

I just told you how disappointed Ann Coulter is going to be that we can't keep having lunchtime chats now that I'm diagnosed with tuberculosis, doc- why are you smiling about that?

Club soda isn't going to do it.

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew I shouldn't have worn my sexy boots on Fear Factor, do you know how to get pig bile out of suede?

Stewardess, I'd like a hydrazine and ammonium nitrate cocktail please. It's known as a "Here I come Allah."

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

What's the dumbest thing you could utter while on a flight to London?

It was a one-way trip.

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
What tipped off the feds that a terrorist was on that flight to Slagsville, Penn.?

That's why I cancelled my subscription.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Don't you just LOVE all those little cards that fall out of your magazines while you're reading them?

I can't believe I ate that.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

Would you still be able to view yourself as a vegetarian if you knew how many spiders and flies you have consumed in your life?

I've got terminal uniqueness...

Sterling
Member # 8096

Just what makes you so special, and is it worth dying over?

Well, that's classic.

suminonA
Member # 8757

Do you think that the impulse to compare classic stuff and modern stuff is something new?

Who could name such a thing?

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

"Look," said the elderly scientist as he entered the gentleman's club, his arms laden with some contraption that nobody had ever seen before. He'd been running and was slightly out of breath, but immediately started rambling about this latest invention of his, including all the trials and tribulations that had kept him busy over the last three decades. The other members seemed to listen him without the slightest amount of attention, until one of them spoke up. "From your story I gather that this device will be able to make people see the truth, which is undeniably a most wonderful function, but will the public be interested?"
"yea, verily," came a voice"from the back of the room, "You're going to have a hard time convincing people that it has any use to them at all. Have you thought about advertising yet?"
"All it really needs is a good name, then the people will eventually come by out of sheer curiosity" the scientist answered gruffly, feeling a bit out of his element, "Any suggestions?"

Cause I'm just a traveller in time, trying so hard to pay for my crime.

suminonA
Member # 8757

Why are you so obsessed with building that contraption, that nobody could name anyway?

That must have been a weird crime.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

Do you know what the judge said, after I told him I'd like to prosecute myself?

I've tried for so long to find some way of helping mankind.

suminonA
Member # 8757

Why have you been prosecuted by that alien judge anyway?

Maybe the aliens are friendly.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

When last I encountered an alien race that had another planet surrounded by a huge fleet of intergalactic destroyers, weapons systems charged, they weren't there to spread wisdom. What makes you think it'll be different this time?

When I was an alien, cultures weren't failing.

suminonA
Member # 8757

How can you prove that the failing of our culture is not YOUR fault?

That must be alien logic.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

How can I be responsible for the downfall of an entire culture, when I haven't done anything productive for nearly three years?

Dearest helpless, intent's not as bad as the action.

MandyM
Member # 8375

Dear Abby, I wasn't trying to hit my husband with the car as I backed out of the driveway this morning and I even took him to the emergency room. As the doctors were x-raying his broken leg, he told me he wanted a divorce since I was obviously trying to kill him. I tried to tell him I just need new glasses but he wasn't buying it. What do you think?
Signed, Helpless in

I think the brakes might have failed.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

I just saw a San Francisco trolley car going downhill at an incredible speed. Could there possibly be something wrong with that?

Across the night, I fell in love with people sleeping.

AutumnWind
Member # 9124

- posted      Profile for AutumnWind           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey nice binoculars! Why are the cops leading you away in handcuffs?

It was at that precise moment that I knew why I existed.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

What did you think when you heard that there was going to be a sequel to The Mask?

It's only self-rejection, with a mean left.

MandyM
Member # 8375

Now explain this to me again, why it is you have that black eye?

You are such a thread killer.

Sterling
Member # 8096

All I said was that Israel and Orson Scott Card should be pushed into the sea, is that so wrong?

I'm terrified someone is going to take me seriously.

dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you insist on wearing clown makeup 24/7?

No, I think the passion was alright, but it just could have used more snakes.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

What did you think of Mel Gibson's controversial movie?

Detention sucks.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

What is the one thing teachers and students agree on?

I'm so sorry... It was never my intention to kill anything.

suminonA
Member # 8757

Come on man, you had a loaded shotgun! I had to fight and strangle the whole pack of tigers with my bare hands! Why didn't you do anything about it?

It was self-defence.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

The charges are as follows: the defendant is being accused of knocking some sense into people. How do you plead?

You don't have to plead for anything that you really need.

suminonA
Member # 8757

I really need to know, indeed: Can you speak in rhymes, as we agreed?

Define “impossible”.

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

Do you think it's impossible for humankind to evolve into an enlightened species that no longer tries to exterminate itself?

You've got a depression on you. You've just been thinking; that's what you do.

Sterling
Member # 8096

I feel blue, quite, as the sky. Why is this so? Please, tell me why?

I would not refuse
A challenge to state things so
Silly, it may be.

MandyM
Member # 8375

Yes, but can you Haiku that argument, counselor?

Dr. Suess would be proud.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
So you really ate the 8 month old breakfast we found in the fridge?

Well, I suppose it's all in the wrists.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 217 pages: 1  2  3  ...  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  ...  215  216  217   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.